A real & insightful uniform discussion for you people. FINALLY!

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
OK, so…..the current uniform has a great chance to be the best we’ve ever had. Here are the reasons why:

-the striping on the helmets & pants—they’re now identical. The only other time we’ve ever pulled this off were in ‘99 & ‘05-‘06.

-speaking of striping, it is also very, very similar to the striping used by JoMo, & then by Bradstard on the white & garnet britches during his time. This striping is kinda our identity.

-we do need to stop with the helmet dance. White only, please. Yeah, I know a lot of folks love the nostalgic look of the ‘87 uniform combo, but keep in mind, a derivative of that combo was also used in ‘92, ‘93, ‘97, & ‘98. We’ve yet to have a garnet helmet look like the JoMo one. It is more like the Woods & Bradstard one.

-I’m not crazy about the garnet face mask. From ‘83-‘21, black face mask was all that was ever used. Let’s leave it there.

In summation, our current uniform has a very classic feel to it now. I’d love to get consistent with it & leave it alone from now to eternity.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I’d like to see us move the striping together or at least use a thicker stripe on the 2 black ones outside the helmet. The issue is the thickness of the black stripe is about the same width of every hole or slot in these new helmet designs…so on many of them it looks kind of like the stripes on a basketball court that also hosts volleyball.

But that’s about it. How our stripes are used are traditional which I love. Might just change the width or push them together.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I agree with what you say about the striping. It took forever but they finally got it right. In my opinion, the uniforms this year and this past year have been the best.

However I disagree on the helmets. The garnet facemask was pretty cool! And I really like the garnet and black helmets. Having the options for all three colors is nice. We're garnet and black, let's use those colors!

Reactions: 1vagamecock

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I was always a fan of garnet. The more the better! My favorite uniforms were the garnet tops and bottoms with the white helmet. Loved that combination.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-164910_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-164910_Chrome.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: ChaseH864

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
I love our helmets and their current stripes. Best ever.

Reactions: CaughtLookin

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Since the subject of the original post did not specify sport, I want to state that I found the uniforms WBB wore at home against Vanderbilt to be hideous.

Insofar as football is concerned, I prefer to follow Auburn's policy. White pants/helmets. White jerseys for the road, garnet (for us) jerseys at home.

I like the 1969 hemet logo, but would rather see three stripes (the outer two garnet and the one in the middle black) rather than one garnet down the middle. Just about the only thing Dietzel did that I like.

Attachments

• wbb uniform.jpg
    wbb uniform.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

capngamecock

Joined Apr 11, 2019
Jan 26, 2022
Since the subject of the original post did not specify sport, I want to state that I found the uniforms WBB wore at home against Vanderbilt to be hideous.

View attachment 180816

Insofar as football is concerned, I prefer to follow Auburn's policy. White pants/helmets. White jerseys for the road, garnet (for us) jerseys at home.

I like the 1969 hemet logo, but would rather see three strips (the outer two garnet and the one in the middle black) rather than one garnet down the middle. Just about the only thing Dietzel did that i like,
These Women's uniforms were gawd awful.

Latest posts