ESPN's Adam Schefter explains the real reason Rattler was drafted later than expected

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022
This makes more sense than anything to do with the Netflix show:

“You know what I think it was with Spencer Rattler more than anything else?” Schefter said. “The two teams that liked him most in my mind, based on the people I spoke to, were the Denver Broncos and the Atlanta Falcons. I think they had a mid-second to early third-round grade on him. Spencer Rattler’s big problem there was that the Broncos went with Bo Nix at 12, and the Falcons went with Michael Penix at 8, and his two best options closed up immediately, which left him sitting on the board longer than a lot of people think.”

Reactions: Roosterbell

Roosterbell

Jul 29, 2022
I agree. The Netflix show had zero bearing on the selection process. He'll still get to prove himself and it may end up working out better for him with the Saints.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
That's conjecture by Schefter.

Spencer has already confirmed about the Netflix stuff. It was certainly multi-factorial and not due to one single thing. But if Spencer thinks it played a role, then he knows better than anyone.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
You even see it mentioned here:

"He should focus on coming into the locker room and proving to the front office and his teammates that he has indeed matured from his television days."

In some form or fashion, people are still talking about it, which is crazy to me.

kidrobinski

Jan 30, 2022
You even see it mentioned here:

"He should focus on coming into the locker room and proving to the front office and his teammates that he has indeed matured from his television days."

In some form or fashion, people are still talking about it, which is crazy to me.
People are stupid; that’s been really exposed over the last decade or so.

In the words of Charles Barkley, people comma basically comma suck period.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Just to clarify, Schefter is only giving his opinion. He does not cite are reference any insiders explaining why Rattler fell.

Also, he does not say anything at all to discount that the Netflix show played ANY role. He simply says the draft situation with the Falcons and Broncos "had as much to do with it as anything else." Totally false narrative to say he debunks that the Netflix show played any role. He simply says the draft logistics were the biggest factor, which nobody has denies.

Last edited:

Latest posts