Need a golf recommendation for the Midlands

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022
I'll be in SC in June and playing some golf with some buddies. We're trying to figure out what's the best place to play.
Last year we played out at Timberlake and it was pretty bad. So far, Cobblestone and Oak Hills have come up in discussion.

Hoping for a course that's in pretty good shape that's not too spendy.

Looking for suggestions.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I haven't been there in a few years now, but Charwood wasn't too bad when I played last. They were putting work into the course and improving it at least.

Reactions: HI Cock1

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I think your first comment was the right one, Cobblestone one day and Oak Hills the next. Read the other golf thread to see conditions, but both tracts are fun/challanging to play and usually in good to great shape. Oak Hills can get rocky out of the second cut, I usually will take some relief there, and the bunkers on both courses can have some gravel and not be maintained the greatest. Have fun

Reactions: HI Cock1

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022
I'll be in SC in June and playing some golf with some buddies. We're trying to figure out what's the best place to play.
Last year we played out at Timberlake and it was pretty bad. So far, Cobblestone and Oak Hills have come up in discussion.

Looking for suggestions.
CharWeed? Did the re-do the entire thing? It was just as bad as Sedgewood back the the day.

TeeCock

Jan 21, 2022
I think your first comment was the right one, Cobblestone one day and Oak Hills the next. Read the other golf thread to see conditions, but both tracts are fun/challanging to play and usually in good to great shape. Oak Hills can get rocky out of the second cut, I usually will take some relief there, and the bunkers on both courses can have some gravel and not be maintained the greatest. Have fun
Cobblestone used to be University Club. We were members at the time and did play before some home games when we came down.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022

Looking for suggestions.
Mid Carolina country club?

Latest posts