Washington Admirals.

BattleshipTexas

Jan 23, 2022
Washington Admirals. Leaked someone is paying serious money to lock up that name with trademarks, etc. I guess the Washington Football team will have a name.

Reactions: Horseshoe04

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Just looked into this. Everything I’m seeing is they leaked the Washington Commanders…which I like more than Admirals.

I’ve seen some design concepts which are really good. The NFL “One Shell Rule” has one more game in its life. This means throwbacks next season, and I’d expect Washington to have 2-3 options.

Reactions: bleedgarnet33

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Might as well be the Commodores...

SCcocks4ever

Jan 25, 2022
Just looked into this. Everything I’m seeing is they leaked the Washington Commanders…which I like more than Admirals.

I’ve seen some design concepts which are really good. The NFL “One Shell Rule” has one more game in its life. This means throwbacks next season, and I’d expect Washington to have 2-3 options.
That's what all the internet sleuths are saying the last 2-3 days......the commanders. meh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fried Chicken

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Redskins would’ve been an awesome name to go with. Kinda like the one that’s been in 5 Super Bowls, winning 3.
I blame Dan for that too and bringing unnecessary attention to the organization and this is some positive spin stuff to “improve the image he is still wrecking “.

USCBatgirl21

Joined Sep 5, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
I blame Dan for that too and bringing unnecessary attention to the organization and this is some positive spin stuff to “improve the image he is still wrecking “.
That's exactly why he caved. Had to look like he was the kinder, gentler, caring DS when we all know he's still very much the miserable, shady AF snake he's always been.

They will always be the Redskins as far as I'm concerned.

uscnoklahoma

Joined Apr 16, 2017
Jan 21, 2022
Adam Humphries said a few weeks ago on the golf course that it was probably the "Commanders"

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd have liked to see them just remain the Washington Football Team. It would have kind of a European soccer feel to it.
Which is why it would be horrible. This is American Football. Not the English Premiere League.

Reactions: RAtheOLcoach

Jon Snow

Joined Dec 17, 2012
Jan 18, 2022
Which is why it would be horrible. This is American Football. Not the English Premiere League.
There's nothing wrong with standing out or embracing traditions. Yes, its an EPL tradition but I'm not sure why teams need nicknames anyway. Are there really a group of giants playing in NY? Does the SF team spend its free time panning for gold? Is the college team in the upstate composed of felines who escaped from Joe Exotic and Carol Baskin?

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
That's exactly why he caved. Had to look like he was the kinder, gentler, caring DS when we all know he's still very much the miserable, shady AF snake he's always been.

They will always be the Redskins as far as I'm concerned.
Glad you are on ON3 :)

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Now. Now. Somebody might get their widdle feelings hurt over a sports mascot name. Can't have somebody whining about something and not get there way can we?
YOu get a trophy, you get a trophy, James Harrison participation trophies all around.

Jan 21, 2022
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd have liked to see them just remain the Washington Football Team. It would have kind of a European soccer feel to it.

Admirals Club
Admiral Grace Hopper
Admiral Yamamoto
Admiral of the Fleet
Better yet, let's go with Contributions of Native Americans to the Navy either Admiral Joseph James Clark or Rear Admiral Francis J. Mee. You need a rival to go against the evil Cowboys. ;)

Reactions: SCExpat38

burr

Jan 22, 2022
I think they could keep it along the same lines ; the skins, or even the reds. When I was a kid, my football team was the reds. If it may be the commodores, I could see it shortened to just the commies.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I think they could keep it along the same lines ; the skins, or even the reds. When I was a kid, my football team was the reds. If it may be the commodores, I could see it shortened to just the commies.
Commodores isn’t even being considered.

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
I think the Charlotte panthers should change their name since real panthers deserve a better public image and that football club is insulting to wild panthers so let’s just call them the Charlotte salary cap absorbers

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
I think the Charlotte panthers should change their name since real panthers deserve a better public image and that football club is insulting to wild panthers so let’s just call them the Charlotte salary cap absorbers
Doesn't the NFL have a hand in naming expansion teams, as well as input into their nicknames, colors, and uniform designs?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The Crusaders are largely responsible for the spread of the term "Admiral," having taken it from the Arabs. Crusaders are, of course, tied to religious oppression and violence. So they just swapped one hateful mascot for another. Pretty clever.

Latest posts