Washington Admirals.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Every team needs a name.

I respectfully disagree. I’m with Jon Snow - the Washington Football Team is a fine name without a silly mascot tied to it. Mascots are for the benefit of children - football is a man’s game.

Now you’re going to have the thousands of Trekkies in the stands in Washington dressed up like Admiral James T Kirk. No one but the Trekkies will be happy.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
I respectfully disagree. I’m with Jon Snow - the Washington Football Team is a fine name without a silly mascot tied to it. Mascots are for the benefit of children - football is a man’s game.

Now you’re going to have the thousands of Trekkies in the stands in Washington dressed up like Admiral James T Kirk. No one but the Trekkies will be happy.
I appreciate your respectful disagreement. I mean that.

Reactions: bayrooster

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Washington Admirals. Leaked someone is paying serious money to lock up that name with trademarks, etc. I guess the Washington Football team will have a name.
"Admiral" cannot be a reference to the heroism or fame of any historical figure, or something offensive will no doubt be found in their past.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
What a stupid name. Wife has been a life long Redskins fan, not anymore.
Always room on the Buccaneers and Dolphins wagons.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd have liked to see them just remain the Washington Football Team. It would have kind of a European soccer feel to it.
Atlanta Football Team
Charlotte Football Team
New Orleans Football Team
Tampa Football Team (St. Petersburg Baseball Team)
etc.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
I like the look of the uniform. It’s strong. I think it will catch on quickly and no one will even mention the previous name in a couple of years. After all, the Redskins logo/name never scored a touchdown, never won a super bowl, never tailgated outside fedex field, never had a shared experience with family and friends while watching a game. It’s just a silly name/logo (because all mascot names/logos are silly).

Jon Snow

Joined Dec 17, 2012
Jan 18, 2022
Atlanta Football Team
Charlotte Football Team
New Orleans Football Team
Tampa Football Team (St. Petersburg Baseball Team)
etc.
Georgia Bulldogs
Miss St Bulldogs
Citadel Bulldogs
Fresno St Bulldogs

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
Seems she’s not much of a fan.
Maybe not mutch anymore, but she had been one for 50 years. I guess with all the politics they have used the NFL to push she had chilled on them a bit already. However she is not alone. The state of Virginia had a huge Redskins following and I have seen a big decline in the following of the Washington football team already.

Reactions: CaughtLookin

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Gardner-Webb Running Bulldogs

What is a running bulldog anyway?

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
University of South Carolina Gamecocks
Jacksonville State University Gamecocks
Sumter High School Gamecocks
Screven County High School (Sylvania, GA) Gamecocks

Last edited:

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
After all, the Redskins logo/name never scored a touchdown, never won a super bowl, never tailgated outside fedex field,
???? They scored plenty of touchdowns wearing that logo and using that name. Won Superbowls. Fans tailgated for years wearing that logo. Fans loved it. Fans didn't demand a change. Or are you saying people did all that, not a logo? Then that would be true for any logo including this new one. Or am I totally missing your point?

Reactions: Neanderthal

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
???? They scored plenty of touchdowns wearing that logo and using that name. Won Superbowls. Fans tailgated for years wearing that logo. Fans loved it. Fans didn't demand a change. Or are you saying people did all that, not a logo? Then that would be true for any logo including this new one. Or am I totally missing your point?

No. That’s the point. You’re rooting for people, not a logo. You’re enjoying watching people play a sport with friends and family, not getting enjoyment from a logo.

The logo and nickname didn’t make people like the team, the team made the people like the logo and nickname. The team will do the same for the new logo and nickname.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Beaufort High School Eagles (my alma mater - of course I put them first)
Chapin High School Eagles
Airport High School Eagles
Greenwood High School Eagles (thank you, Gamecock Jacques)
Statesboro (GA) High School Eagles
Clover High School Blue Eagles (what is a Blue Eagle?)
Boston College Eagles
Philadelphia Football team

Last edited:

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Nend to go to the south side.
Beaufort High School Eagles
Chapin High School Eagles
Airport High School Eagles
Statesboro (GA) High School Eagles
Clover High School Blue Eagles (what is a blue eagle?)
Boston College Eagles
Philadelphia Football team
Greenwood Eagles.

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
That's exactly why he caved. Had to look like he was the kinder, gentler, caring DS when we all know he's still very much the miserable, shady AF snake he's always been.

They will always be the Redskins as far as I'm concerned.
U squaw, me lucky😂

Latest posts