Missouri stat comparison

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
SEC games only:
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 9.54.29 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 9.54.37 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 9.54.50 PM.png

We are better statistically across the board, but Missouri has had our number lately, winning the last three series (2018, 2021, and 2022).

Last edited:
Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
winning the last three series (2018, 2021, and 2022).

Had no idea. That's 17ing embarrassing.

Time to rectify that.

I will say that for an otherwise pretty terrible large school baseball team, they pitch it reasonably well. They've won their fair share of close games. Most of their SEC wins are by one run. Swept Florida with 3 one run wins.

We gotta swing the bat well.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They are 1-11 on the road in the SEC.

Throw out the Georgia series and they've scored 8 runs in 9 SEC road games. They did put up runs in Athens.

All this to say,

Nothing actually. It means nothing...

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
One of their better starters left a game after 13 pitches due to injury on May 4th. He hasn't pitched since.

28.2 ip, 4.08 era, 0.182 b/avg in seven SEC starts

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
One of their better starters left a game after 13 pitches due to injury on May 4th. He hasn't pitched since.

28.2 ip, 4.08 era, 0.182 b/avg in seven SEC starts

I hope he's completely healthy and recovered in time for summer ball.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
2018 was early in the year before our big turnaround.

2022 was just a bad year for us.

2021 is and forever will be a massive WTF
I'm convinced we knew we were a national host and took that series off as well as the SECT

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Guys they are awful. This should not only be a sweep. It should be a comfortable sweep with a possible run rule

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Guys they are awful. This should not only be a sweep. It should be a comfortable sweep with a possible run rule

They lost 3 games at Vandy despite their pitchers giving up a total of 10 runs.

They swept Florida, who are not great but certainly not awful, at home.

They lost two 3-2 games AT Tennessee.

They've been run ruled twice in 27 SEC games.

Overall, they have two wins and 4 one run or extra innings losses to Top 5 RPI teams.

Yes, they're a bad SEC baseball team, but they are often competitive with very good teams.

I disagree with your flippant assessment. I suspect you'd just like to be able to disparage the coaches and team again, whatever happens short of three dominant wins.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
They lost 3 games at Vandy despite their pitchers giving up a total of 10 runs.

They swept Florida, who are not great but certainly not awful, at home.

They lost two 3-2 games AT Tennessee.

They've been run ruled twice in 27 SEC games.

Overall, they have two wins and 4 one run or extra innings losses to Top 5 RPI teams.

Yes, they're a bad SEC baseball team, but they are often competitive with very good teams.

I disagree with your flippant assessment. I suspect you'd just like to be able to disparage the coaches and team again, whatever happens short of three dominant wins.
They are 22-30
they are 1-11 on the road vs sec teams, their only win being in extra innings
they are 3-15 against quad 1 teams
They’ve lost 4 games to teams whose rpi are in the 220s or above

they are an OK team at home
they are plain bad on the road.

they are hitting 224 in conference. They are at the bottom of the league in fielding percentage and they have an era north of 6.

they are last in the league in avg, homers, runs, strikeouts, doubles, slug%, ob% and OPS

they literally do nothing even average let alone above average.
they are the definition of awful

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They are 22-30
they are 1-11 on the road vs sec teams, their only win being in extra innings
they are 3-15 against quad 1 teams

they are an OK team at home
they are plain bad on the road.

they are hitting 224 in conference. They are at the bottom of the league in fielding percentage and they have an era north of 6.

they are last in the league in avg, homers, runs, strikeouts, doubles, slug%, ob% and OPS

they literally do nothing even average let alone above average.
they are the definition of awful

You clearly like stats and numbers.

The term "awful" is not specific in any way.

They can be pretty bad, but they clearly do some things better than typical teams called awful.

Do awful teams typically sweep three from Florida, or compete well multiple times with Top 5 teams, or go into Knoxville and hold UT to 3 runs twice in losses?

The answer is no.

We can sweep them. Saying we should and it should be comfortable is your typical BS. Which I find awful.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You clearly like stats and numbers.

The term "awful" is not specific in any way.

They can be pretty bad, but they clearly do some things better than typical teams called awful.

Do awful teams typically sweep three from Florida, or compete well multiple times with Top 5 teams, or go into Knoxville and hold UT to 3 runs twice in losses?

The answer is no.

We can sweep them. Saying we should and it should be comfortable is your typical BS. Which I find awful.
Baseball is about stats and numbers.

i just defined awful in the above posts.

they swept a Florida team that is likely to miss the post season. As far as close losses.. it’s baseball, you can lose 2-0 and still be dominated. Score matters not to me.

we should sweep them. Arkansas, vandy, Tennessee all did, Georgia got 2 of 3 losing in extras. Average final score of their road gamed are 7-3 losses. we Should manage 3 wins in that area if not worse.

theyve gone 10-8 vs quad 3/4 teams which again are all bad baseball teams.

and by the way… what do they do well?

they got 8 hits total in the Arkansas series, they got 10 hits total in the vandy series…they never led even for an inning against Arkansas, Tennessee or vandy….. I could go on and on

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Baseball is about stats and numbers.

i just defined awful in the above posts.

they swept a Florida team that is likely to miss the post season. As far as close losses.. it’s baseball, you can lose 2-0 and still be dominated. Score matters not to me.

we should sweep them. Arkansas, vandy, Tennessee all did, Georgia got 2 of 3 losing in extras. Average final score of their road gamed are 7-3 losses. we Should manage 3 wins in that area if not worse.

theyve gone 10-8 vs quad 3/4 teams which again are all bad baseball teams.

and by the way… what do they do well?

they got 8 hits total in the Arkansas series, they got 10 hits total in the vandy series…they never led even for an inning against Arkansas, Tennessee or vandy….. I could go on and on

They pitch it as well as the rank and file SEC teams in league play. Only the clear best four league teams and us are significantly better than Mizzou.

So they're pretty ok at that, which is important. What they are truly terrible at is hitting. If we keep them that way a sweep is in the cards.

But acting like any sweep of any SEC team should be comfortable is disingenuousness and I think you know it. You just have a clear negative agenda, as always regarding this team and staff.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
T
They pitch it as well as the rank and file SEC teams in league play. Only the clear best four league teams and us are significantly better than Mizzou.

So they're pretty ok at that, which is important. What they are truly terrible at is hitting. If we keep them that way a sweep is in the cards.

But acting like any sweep of any SEC team should be comfortable is disingenuousness and I think you know it. You just have a clear negative agenda, as always regarding this team and staff.
at home against a perinninal bottom dweller whose playing out the string… while we have a hosting spot on the line.

seeing how bad they are on paper. How bad they are on the road.. And how they have performed against good teams on the road… expecting a sweep isnt a big ask.

on paper this is a series against Evansville or Air Force. And i wouldnt be being disingenousnes to expect a sweep against either of those teams. Saying Missouri is a sec baseball team is like saying Vanderbilt is a sec football team… technically they are, but they really arent.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
at home against a perinninal bottom dweller whose playing out the string… while we have a hosting spot on the line.

seeing how bad they are on paper. How bad they are on the road.. And how they have performed against good teams on the road… expecting a sweep isnt a big ask.

on paper this is a series against Evansville or Air Force. And i wouldnt be being disingenousnes to expect a sweep against either of those teams. Saying Missouri is a sec baseball team is like saying Vanderbilt is a sec football team… technically they are, but they really arent.

What's notable is that you don't even address my agenda comment. It's so obvious even you can't argue against it.

I've said everything I had to say on this subject. I'll spare the board anymore.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
What's notable is that you don't even address my agenda comment. It's so obvious even you can't argue against it.

I've said everything I had to say on this subject. I'll spare the board anymore.
Pointless to argue your opinion of me… and quite frankly your opinion of me matters none. If you like me or despise me I won’t lose any sleep over it.

if you feel I have an agenda good for you, I don’t, but certainly not going to argue to change someones opinion of me On a message board… plus your opinion of me was never the topic of the thread. I was here to discuss the baseball series. If you want to have a discussion about my agenda, send me a PM

its probably best your sparing the board… your opinion to try to explain how missouri is anything but awful and dreadully awful on the road is circling the toliet bowl currently.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Pointless to argue your opinion of me… and quite frankly your opinion of me matters none. If you like me or despise me I won’t lose any sleep over it.

if you feel I have an agenda good for you, I don’t, but certainly not going to argue to change someones opinion of me On a message board.

Glad you don't want to argue on a message board. That is my agenda.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Glad you don't want to argue on a message board. That is my agenda.
your not good at it in regards to making Missouri out to something more than awful.

next up for you in staying on topic… the topic of this thread is our series against mizzou… not you using your fbi skills to try to analyze my agenda

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
your not good at it in regards to making Missouri out to something more than awful.

next up for you in staying on topic… the topic of this thread is our series against mizzou… not you using your fbi skills to try to analyze my agenda

You're making me break my promise to spare the board and not prolong this, so this is truly my last post in this particular discussion.

Just saying someone is not good at something only makes it so in your debate world.

This all started with you saying a sweep should be comfortable. I made my case for why that is possible, but not a reasonable expectation.

In summary, 3 SEC teams have swept them. Only one did it comfortably. Arkansas was completely dominant in the first SEC series for both teams. Vandy won 3-1, 3-1, 4-0. UT won 10-1, 3-2, 3-2.

Those kinds of scores do not seem like comfortable sweeps. Good sweeps, but far from comfortable.

So, one team all year has comfortably swept Mizzou, yet according to your analysis we should comfortably sweep them with a run rule salted in. As I said in the beginning, I disagree that it should be comfortable, based on 27 games worth of evidence. I rest my case.

Over and out.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You're making me break my promise to spare the board and not prolong this, so this is truly my last post in this particular discussion.

Just saying someone is not good at something only makes it so in your debate world.

This all started with you saying a sweep should be comfortable. I made my case for why that is possible, but not a reasonable expectation.

In summary, 3 SEC teams have swept them. Only one did it comfortably. Arkansas was completely dominant in the first SEC series for both teams. Vandy won 3-1, 3-1, 4-0. UT won 10-1, 3-2, 3-2.

Those kinds of scores do not seem like comfortable sweeps. Good sweeps, but far from comfortable.

So, one team all year has comfortably swept Mizzou, yet according to your analysis we should comfortably sweep them with a run rule salted in. As I said in the beginning, I disagree that it should be comfortable, based on 27 games worth of evidence. I rest my case.

Over and out.
Again. Missouri never lead for an inning in either of the 3 series you mentioned. 27 innings, never held a lead. That’s dominate despite what the scores say. Vandy gave up 10 hits to them all weekend. When you lead the game every inning for 27 innings against a team, you dominated them.

and actually your case was it was unreasonable for me to even mention that a sweep should be expected.. without my agenda to slander the team and staff… and questioned why I brought up stats in a thread that is about stats…but alas...