OT: GPT4o

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Someone who has 4o, go to it and ask to play “The Trials of Morvalian” and tell me what happens

HulksStache

Mar 4, 2013
So let’s say we do host… but get spanked in the regional. Do you think people will still want a coaching change?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So let’s say we do host… but get spanked in the regional. Do you think people will still want a coaching change?
People may not be happy, but I think a Regional appearance takes the pressure off.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
This is what Chat GPT4o says:

Whether Mississippi State should fire Chris Lemonis if he does not advance out of a regional this year is a complex decision that hinges on several factors, including past performance, overall program trajectory, recruiting success, and the context of the current season.

Here are some points to consider:

Performance and Expectations​

1. Recent Performance: Evaluating Lemonis's tenure, including any recent successes or failures, is crucial. For example, if the team has underperformed for multiple seasons or failed to meet expectations consistently, this might be a reason for a coaching change. On the other hand, if there have been extenuating circumstances, such as significant injuries or other challenges, these should be taken into account.
  2. Historical Success: Lemonis led Mississippi State to a national championship in 2021, which was a monumental achievement for the program. This success could afford him some leeway if the team has faced struggles since then.
  3. Progress and Development: Assess whether the team has shown progress under Lemonis's leadership. Even if they don't advance out of a regional, signs of improvement in player development, recruiting, and overall competitiveness should be considered.

Recruitment and Program Development​

1. Recruiting Success: Look at the quality of recruits Lemonis is bringing in. Strong recruiting classes indicate a positive future outlook, even if immediate results are not up to par.
  2. Player Development: Evaluate how well players are developing under his guidance. Are players getting better year over year? Are they being drafted into the MLB? Player development is a key indicator of coaching effectiveness.

Comparison with Peers​

1. SEC Performance: The Southeastern Conference (SEC) is one of the most competitive in college baseball. Compare Mississippi State's performance to other SEC programs. If the team is consistently underperforming relative to peers, this might be a sign that a change is needed.

Financial and Contractual Considerations​

1. Contract Terms: The terms of Lemonis's contract, including buyout clauses, will also play a significant role in the decision. Firing a coach can be costly, and the financial implications must be considered.
  2. Financial Health of the Program: The program's financial health and the university's willingness to invest in a coaching change are critical. If the athletic department is financially constrained, this might influence the decision to retain or fire Lemonis.

Fan and Booster Support​

1. Stakeholder Sentiment: Fan and booster support (or lack thereof) can be influential. If there is significant dissatisfaction among key stakeholders, this might prompt a change. Conversely, if there is strong support for Lemonis despite setbacks, he might be given more time.

Conclusion​

Ultimately, the decision to fire Chris Lemonis if he does not advance out of a regional should be based on a holistic assessment of his tenure, considering both short-term results and long-term potential. The leadership at Mississippi State will need to weigh the immediate disappointment of not advancing against the potential for future success under Lemonis's continued leadership.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Someone who has 4o, go to it and ask to play “The Trials of Morvalian” and tell me what happens
If I ask it to tell me what it will do if I ask it to play the "trials of Morvalian", it tells me it doesn't know that game but will make one up for me. If I think do a new query and just ask it to play the trials of Morvalian, it starts a text fantasy adventure about three trials. I ran out of ChatGPT4o access before I finished, but everything I picked was successful. Not sure if that's because I actually picked correctly or if it just changes the story based ont eh response but everything is successful.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
If I ask it to tell me what it will do if I ask it to play the "trials of Morvalian", it tells me it doesn't know that game but will make one up for me. If I think do a new query and just ask it to play the trials of Morvalian, it starts a text fantasy adventure about three trials. I ran out of ChatGPT4o access before I finished, but everything I picked was successful. Not sure if that's because I actually picked correctly or if it just changes the story based ont eh response but everything is successful.
Thanks. I invented a text based RPG game with a weird name, and it was working in other GPT prompts but I wasn’t sure if it was just my account or whether the game I invented was actually available to other users. It appears that it is

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Thanks. I invented a text based RPG game with a weird name, and it was working in other GPT prompts but I wasn’t sure if it was just my account or whether the game I invented was actually available to other users. It appears that it is
Three trials? Courage, Wisdom, Strength? That's what it was for me.

It's funny to me that when I asked what it would do if I asked it to play (I was making sure it wasn't some freaky necrophilia type game or something, you know, considering the source and not knowing what you do with your spare zombie time), it said that it didn't know the game but could help me invent a game. But when I just asked it to play the game, it jumped right in to playing the game.

You'd think if you asked it how it would respond, it would be able to predict just by simulating the response, but I guess that's not how language models work.