“Netflix to broadcast two Christmas NFL games in 2024”

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
What I would like to know is if the existing media partners knew the NFL was withholding two games almost guaranteed to get monster ratings for a bidding war. Fox, NBC, EsPN, CBS, Amazon and Peacock all passed? As Whitey Ashburn would say after yet another Phillies error or mistake, “Hard to believe, Harry, hard to believe.”

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
What I would like to know is if the existing media partners knew the NFL was withholding two games almost guaranteed to get monster ratings for a bidding war. Fox, NBC, EsPN, CBS, Amazon and Peacock all passed? As Whitey Ashburn would say after yet another Phillies error or mistake, “Hard to believe, Harry, hard to believe.”

Misunderstanding?

Reactions: Bison13

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
Yeah, well the Steelers are going to be the sacrificial lamb to the Chiefs so it will ruin Christmas. Well, make it kinda ****** anyway. That's the real complaint.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
So, "Netflix and chill" will take on a whole new meaning? Or the same old one?

Thinking Think GIF by Adult Swim

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
So people are upset that they have an opportunity to watch more football? I think it's a great idea.
The Christmas day games have been happening for a few years now, so it's not necessarily more football. Same amount of football, but now people without a Netflix subscription can't watch. I'm guessing that folks will be particularly rankled because more and more games have been going to subscription services like Amazon. That's what you get in a free market society.

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
For f*ck’s sake. I won’t be watching these games.

I’m shocked, shocked I say that you weren’t consulted. I thought Latte drinking blueberry scone eaters were a huge NFL viewing base. My fraternal organization, alcoholics, weren’t consulted either.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I am shocked, shocked I say that the NFL didn’t consult with you first. I would think that Latte drinking blueberry scone eaters would be a huge constituentc

I’m shocked, shocked I say that you weren’t consulted. I thought Latte drinking blueberry scone eaters were a huge NFL viewing base. My fraternal organization, alcoholics, weren’t consulted either.
Bob is more of a cranberry scone guy. Let's not hype him up any more than that.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Last edited:

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
How great can Christmas possibly be in FLA anyhow?

I really don't want to be here anymore; the whole place is turning into a dump. A lot to be embarrassed about but that's for other forums. The traffic alone is choking, especially when you think about who's moved here recently.

• Haha
Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Netflix’s got Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Just putting that out there.

Also lots of Japanese language shows; I don't mind the extra football but who has time for this on Christmas? Background noise at best.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I really don't want to be here anymore; the whole place is turning into a dump. A lot to be embarrassed about but that's for other forums. The traffic alone is choking, especially when you think about who's moved here recently.

Florida is like a Black Mirror episode - it's perfect in terms of weather and beauty, but at some point you have to deal with the people there...

Reactions: ODShowtime

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
Florida is like a Black Mirror episode - it's perfect in terms of weather and beauty, but at some point you have to deal with the people there...

I just don't ever leave my house anymore. Maybe once a week. I could live in Alaska and it would be the same but colder.

And I'm terrified of the hurricanes this year. They're coming.

But back to complaining about football; Steelers are @ Eagles right before their X-mas gauntlet. Just throw December in the garbage I guess, in terms of wins.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I just don't ever leave my house anymore. Maybe once a week. I could live in Alaska and it would be the same but colder.

But back to complaining about football; Steelers are @ Eagles right before their X-mas gauntlet. Just throw December in the garbage I guess, in terms of wins.
Dude wtf you don’t leave your house. That’s how you’re going out? F that

Reactions: Tgar

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
Dude wtf you don’t leave your house. That’s how you’re going out? F that

Maybe I'll rise like a phoenix someday, who knows? I'm thinking of where to go next and it's not easy these days. Mountains of Central PA are looking better every day. At least I can mix in with those people and say the right things so I don't stick out.

Like whenever I go to a concert here the cool people are all around, where the hell do they all go after that?

Reactions: Midnighter

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

How quickly you forget that Tomlin’s got this.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe I'll rise like a phoenix someday, who knows? I'm thinking of where to go next and it's not easy these days. Mountains of Central PA are looking better every day. At least I can mix in with those people and say the right things so I don't stick out.

Like whenever I go to a concert here the cool people are all around, where the hell do they all go after that?
Get above Rte. 80 to the PA Wilds. Lots of youtube videos. That's the spot.

• Love
Reactions: ODShowtime

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
Get above Rte. 80 to the PA Wilds. Lots of youtube videos. That's the spot.

Yes, exactly! My instincts tell me that is the general place to be safe and secure for the next 30 years or so. I just need a professional chef. Or a GF upgrade.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Yes, exactly! My instincts tell me that is the general place to be safe and secure for the next 30 years or so. I just need a professional chef. Or a GF upgrade.
Tell me your ideal property (in your budget) and I’ll find you a spot in Middletown