OT Happy for Xander, First Major Win!

DrMickeySC

Jan 23, 2022
Great tournament! I know some people prefer to see guys struggling (looking at you, US Open). But I would much rather see guys playing for birdie, knowing they will get left behind if they don’t score low, than watch everyone try to scrape by with a bunch of pars. That’s part of what makes the back nine at Augusta so fun to watch (even if it’s a nightmare to play). There are birdies to be had, and an eagle or two as well. But maybe a bogey or double if you screw it up.

Anyway, I’ve liked Xander for a couple of years. Glad to see him get it done. And I’m glad Bryson put on a good chase. Any time a player has to make a put for birdie to win on 18, that’s a win for us.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
At the end, I was hoping for a playoff between Xander, Viktor and Bryson. That would have been cool.

Reactions: USCEDGE

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
Was pulling for Bryson. I felt like the missed putt on 11 might cost him and it did. What happened to Morikawa? He had 19 birdies in the first 3 rounds but only 1 today. Gotta give Xander credit though....even if he is SLOW!

Gamecock72

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Jan 24, 2022
Bryson really showed how much he has grown and matured after losing yesterday taking the time to come back to the 18th to congratulate Xander. And I credit LIV for a lot of that.

Reactions: USCEDGE

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Some people don't like Bryson for one reason or another, but you gotta admit he brings a different level of excitement to the game. On 16 in the final round, he went way left off the tee, but hit a tree and came back in the fairway. Then, he hit an 8 iron 220 yards to 3 feet and sank the birdie!

Latest posts