OT: New Episode of Loki Makes Mississippi State official MCU Canon

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
The new episode of Loki makes Mississippi State officially part of MCU canon.

You will recall that multiple variants of characters form the basis of the plot. Well...

Throg -- Frog Thor -- appears in the episode, and this means that Mississippi State University now formally exists in the MCU.

Here's Throg in the episode: https://www.menshealth.com/.../a369.../loki-throg-frog-thor/

Here's Throg's origin: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Simon_Walterson_(Earth-97161)

Throg's alter ego, Simon Walterson, was a football player at Mississippi State (see maroon and white uniform) who was drafted as a pro then had a career-ending knee injury.

#HailState

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I saw him too! I had to rewind to make sure it was really him.

That issue of Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers even has him scoring in the Egg Bowl.

View attachment 20953

Reactions: Puppers

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Wild! The MCU is massive. Maybe he will make a bigger appearance in another show/film. It would be crazy if they put MSU in an MCU movie. Never gonna happen but we can dream right?!?

Aug 3, 2019
The new episode of Loki makes Mississippi State officially part of MCU canon.

You will recall that multiple variants of characters form the basis of the plot. Well...

Throg -- Frog Thor -- appears in the episode, and this means that Mississippi State University now formally exists in the MCU.

Here's Throg in the episode: https://www.menshealth.com/.../a369.../loki-throg-frog-thor/

Here's Throg's origin: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Simon_Walterson_(Earth-97161)

Throg's alter ego, Simon Walterson, was a football player at Mississippi State (see maroon and white uniform) who was drafted as a pro then had a career-ending knee injury.

#HailState
Of course he'd have a career-ending knee injury. We are M-State.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
my god the MCU is massive. there is an entire frog clan that fights a rat clan in NYC within MCU? well ok then.

the loki show is great, even for someone that doesnt nerd out to this level.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I enjoy the MCU. Just watched Dr Strange a few days back, and I’m a couple episodes into Loki now.

I have absolutely no idea what to make of this thread, though, in a I’m not sure if I’m being played or not kinda way

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Meanwhile, I have no idea what any of this is/means. I guess I'm missing out. I suppose getting old means losing pop culture references...

Reactions: eckie1

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
My only question is: How the hell did you know this MagicDawg?

Saw it on Twitter then double checked it for myself. :D I've watched all the MCU movies over the years and enjoy the TV shows, too -- but even I am not nerdy enough to have ever heard of the "Pet Avengers."

It just seemed interesting. The MCU is a huge cultural phenomenon and being tied into it in some way does carry some cool points -- even if it's "nerd cool."

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Meanwhile, I have no idea what any of this is/means. I guess I'm missing out. I suppose getting old means losing pop culture references...

DWarren

Oct 17, 2023
Is it funny that UMiss is the only program not represented by a mascot? I guess Marvel didn’t want to put a racist plantation owner on their cover…?
Its a trip for sure. Those idiots should have just stuck with the bear. It had ties to the state and would have caught on with kids eventually. But in hilarious fashion they went and rolled out the alien lizard shark, which Kiffin/Carter have wisely killed.

Its a freaking mascot. Mascot's are for children, should have just left the fluffy black bear on the side lines and kids would have bought in. No adults with a fully functional brain give mascots a second thought lol. Says alot about Ross Bjork honestly.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I always wondered how Miss State Football got selected to be part of the movie "The Program" and one of the teams that got beat in that movie. I caught so much hell with people saying Miss State can't even beat a fictional team.

Minute 36.00

The Program 1993 Full Movie - YouTube

Reactions: eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I think I would have put Uga's right foot in a different location.

ETA: At least I hope that is his right foot.
And UGA’s left foot appears to be squarely up the confederates a$$. Trolling level through the roof.