Are we watching the G.O.A.T. ?

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
That makes 19 double doubles. Likely to hit 20 next game and break the record. She is only getting stronger, quicker, smarter, and better. Is she coming back next year, or does anyone know? I'm kind of naïve about women's rules.
If she does we are gonna have to erect another statue. Boston seems to be genuinely a great team mate in every sense.
Boston for POY!!!!

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
That makes 19 double doubles. Likely to hit 20 next game and break the record. She is only getting stronger, quicker, smarter, and better. Is she coming back next year, or does anyone know? I'm kind of naïve about women's rules.
If she does we are gonna have to erect another statue. Boston seems to be genuinely a great team mate in every sense.
Boston for POY!!!!
POY should be in the bag. If she doesn’t get it then it’s a travesty and error of epic proportions.

Reactions: okccock

Rhizzlebop

Jan 23, 2022
Lol GOAT. G.O.A.T conversations should only be had once or twice a life time. Saying that every 2-3 years makes folks look dumb.
I've never had the G O A T conversation, so I guess this is my OIALT.

I dont even talk goat about ole tom tom go. Not a fan of his.

She might be. If shes not, she's pretty damn close and in the conversation.

Honestly, she gets tons of credit, but I'm not sure its enough because she is so quick that she makes it look really easy.

Some of those moves at the basket are just so fast, she's beaten the defender befroe she actually goes to take the shot, and hence the shot looks like an easy layin. Her touch on the ball even while under duress is phenomenal.

She's about to break the all time double double record, and only playing about half of most of those games, AND doing it in a time where the womens game has more parady that ever (still not near the mens game in parady but a lot closer than it was wehn Fowles set that 19 game record). She's also doing this while playing on a team full of McDs players, and she still stands out and looks like the top dog on a roster filled with a dozen girls that would be the starting ace player for dozens and dozens of teams.

Stil, so humble, still growing and learning, and just makes the game look so easy. I dunno what kind of NIL deal she has but if it aint Utah twins level, then its a travesty. Though, those twins are just all kinds of hotness. lol. Maybe I'm thinking of the twins for UNLV. Ehh, either way.

She just might be the womens basketball GOAT. I think she'd be an instant superstar on ANY WNBA roster right now, and it wouldn't even be close.

I still joke with my wife though that anyone in college who ADDs 6 inches to her vertical leap, was not trying to leap before. Theres just no way possible.
If they said 6 inches increase since she was 8-10 yrs old, ok yea. But if you're playing college basketball at a high level, and from one season to the next increase your leap by 6 inches, its just not possible that you were max jumping before. Muscles don't develope like that. They get stronger, but quick twitch muscles don't get faster. I could see 2 inches increase as humanly possible. But, that stuff is mostly genetics, and you can either leap, or you cant. I'm 6-2 and could never dunk a full size basketball, and watched 5-10 guys throw it down who were not college level athletes. I tried and trained for years, and a softball was as close as I got. It wasnt gonna happen. LOL

Last edited:

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
Once or Twice after the fact, I totally agree because it is, after all, an opinion. But if you re-read I titled it as a question.
And the reference is the Greatest of all Time at USC. I believe all would agree Wilson is the reigning GOAT. I was simply wondering if anyone else thought, as I do, that Boston is in process of becoming the GOAT. ME thinks an argument baiter is afoot.

Reactions: DrMickeySC

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022

Honestly, she gets tons of credit, but I'm not sure its enough because she is so quick that she makes it look really easy.

Some of those moves at the basket are just so fast, she's beaten the defender befroe she actually goes to take the shot, and hence the shot looks like an easy layin. Her touch on the ball even while under duress is phenomenal.

She's about to break the all time double double record, and only playing about half of most of those games, AND doing it in a time where the womens game has more parady that ever (still not near the mens game in parady but a lot closer than it was wehn Fowles set that 19 game record). She's also doing this while playing on a team full of McDs players, and she still stands out and looks like the top dog on a roster filled with a dozen girls that would be the starting ace player for dozens and dozens of teams.

Stil, so humble, still growing and learning, and just makes the game look so easy. I dunno what kind of NIL deal she has but if it aint Utah twins level, then its a travesty. Though, those twins are just all kinds of hotness. lol. Maybe I'm thinking of the twins for UNLV. Ehh, either way.

She just might be the womens basketball GOAT. I think she'd be an instant superstar on ANY WNBA roster right now, and it wouldn't even be close.

I still joke with my wife though that anyone in college who ADDs 6 inches to her vertical leap, was not trying to leap before. Theres just no way possible.
If they said 6 inches increase since she was 8-10 yrs old, ok yea. But if you're playing college basketball at a high level, and from one season to the next increase your leap by 6 inches, its just not possible that you were max jumping before. Muscles don't develope like that. They get stronger, but quick twitch muscles don't get faster. I could see 2 inches increase as humanly possible. But, that stuff is mostly genetics, and you can either leap, or you cant. I'm 6-2 and could never dunk a full size basketball, and watched 5-10 guys throw it down who were not college level athletes. I tried and trained for years, and a softball was as close as I got. It wasnt gonna happen. LOL
Very insightful My Rhizzle. There could be a massive debate over whether or not having all the McDonalds All Americans around helps or hinders. to your point, if she had the surrounding talent of the guard from Iowa, she might be the focal point of the offense and get more touches. And you would suspect there would be more playing time. Opposite argument could be that having that many more scorers changes the defense and eliminates the double teams.
But she still gets doubled. The ease you mention regarding her is what is so so fun to watch for me. I haven't been an avid WBB fan until this year. My sister got me to tune in and turn on. When I would watch in the past, I would get frustrated with the ball handling and turnovers, being a former point guard. That is why I love Henderson so much. She gets the role of PG. Anyway, Boston truly does make it look easy. IT is Duncan that she worked with in the off-season correct. Maybe that is a contributing factor to knowing how to create space to lay it in easy breezy.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022

Mrs Boston, please go somewhere else, we all know this is you. Are you saying G O A T IN ALL SPorts? God help us!

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Once or Twice after the fact, I totally agree because it is, after all, an opinion. But if you re-read I titled it as a question.
And the reference is the Greatest of all Time at USC. I believe all would agree Wilson is the reigning GOAT. I was simply wondering if anyone else thought, as I do, that Boston is in process of becoming the GOAT. ME thinks an argument baiter is afoot.
Me thinks you are looking for attention if you start a G O A T CONVO EVERY TWO YEARS.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
York, Why the shady shade for stellar Gamecock performers? Aint that why we are here?
Valid point if you can find me posting anywhere regarding the GOAT in any sport at any time ever. Go look now.

GboCOCK

Joined Sep 22, 2002
Jan 21, 2022
Boston does it night in - night out against stiff competition in the SEC. Name a better WBB conference? There are other quality players out there but no one has had the year she is having even while being doubled and tripled in many games.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
York, Why the shady shade for stellar Gamecock performers? Aint that why we are here?
Valid point if you can find me posting anywhere regarding the GOAT in any sport at any time ever. Go look now.
No shade, iT’s just my personal problem when people bring up GOAT CONVERSATIONS, we just talked about it seemingly 2-3 years ago and even got the statue to go along with it. In 2 years another phenom will come along and you same people will want to have the old tired conversation about who’s the goat.just I’m tired of people throwing around superlative words like awesome and GREAT when another word will do. Great is a word that should be used sparingly… goat is a word that should be brought up in sports maybe once or twice in a lifetime.. I imagine you are a younger person…. Young folks tend to do this….ALOT!

Last edited:

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
Ah- got it. Now that you explained your dislike of the word it seems less attack mode. While we were having this discussion she posted another Double Double.
I mean I am just sayin we are watching something special.

Reactions: York cock

Rhizzlebop

Jan 23, 2022
Mrs Boston, please go somewhere else, we all know this is you. Are you saying G O A T IN ALL SPorts? God help us!
No No NO! LOL

I'm not talking all sports. Thats Michael Jordan. LOL

I AM talking about in Womens basketball. And I'm not saying its for sure, but she's right up there in the conversation.

Also, I've never posted or commented about any GOAT till this thread and just felt intrigued to do so yesterday. I don't idolize athletes, so don't care for Lebron and all his antics either. I friggin HATE the NBA and wish they'd disbane the league. But moving on.

I definately never said Asia was a GOAT, and don't think she is even close. At the time she came through here, she was our biggest star, and took us to the level to win it all.

However, I do feel that Boston was as good at mid freshman season as Asia was as a senior. Asia had to grow into that role, and she worked hard and did so. Asia her first season and I think 2 seasons she was good, but had off nights, and would get controlled at times. I remember the giant twins from Stanford working her pretty good.

Boston came in here a dominant force, and continues to improve a little, but her floor was already so high, that its a slow crawl to push her face up against the ceiling as shes doing now.

For her position, I really don't know how much more she can grow other than shoot 45% from 3, which is not even a goal usually of a post player. Just the threat of it, at 30% is usually enough to draw defenses where she needs them to be to continue inside domination.

On every single night, the other teams KNOWS they have to slow her down, and they focus their D to do so, and they fail each time.

Zia is an awesome player. However she has off nights. Henderson is awesome, but has off nights.

Whens the last time Boston had an off night and you said man, she looked human out there? Or that girl on her was pretty good and really made her work? I cant recall. She makes every opponent and their double team help look helpless.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
No No NO! LOL

I AM talking about in Womens basketball. And I'm not saying its for sure, but she's right up there in the conversation.

Also, I've never posted or commented about any GOAT till this thread and just felt intrigued to do so yesterday. I don't idolize athletes, so don't care for Lebron and all his antics either. I friggin HATE the NBA and wish they'd disbane the league. But moving on.

I definately never said Asia was a GOAT, and don't think she is even close. At the time she came through here, she was our biggest star, and took us to the level to win it all.

However, I do feel that Boston was as good at mid freshman season as Asia was as a senior. Asia had to grow into that role, and she worked hard and did so. Asia her first season and I think 2 seasons she was good, but had off nights, and would get controlled at times. I remember the giant twins from Stanford working her pretty good.

Boston came in here a dominant force, and continues to improve a little, but her floor was already so high, that its a slow crawl to push her face up against the ceiling as shes doing now.

For her position, I really don't know how much more she can grow other than shoot 45% from 3, which is not even a goal usually of a post player. Just the threat of it, at 30% is usually enough to draw defenses where she needs them to be to continue inside domination.

On every single night, the other teams KNOWS they have to slow her down, and they focus their D to do so, and they fail each time.

Zia is an awesome player. However she has off nights. Henderson is awesome, but has off nights.

Whens the last time Boston had an off night and you said man, she looked human out there? Or that girl on her was pretty good and really made her work? I cant recall. She makes every opponent and their double team help look helpless.
She’s def league ready and will be a star

GuitarCock

Jan 25, 2022
What is the relationship between A'ja and Aliyah? I feel like I've never seen the two of them together. Will they be rivals at the next level?

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
No No NO! LOL

My Rhizzle- you say it well. Find myself agreeing with you on many Front. Jordan especially.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
Wilson was an amazing player and brought massive attention to the program. Dare -I say the CJ SPiller of our Womens program. Yack- I threw up in my mouth a little. Then the recruits followed. And Staley is a Real Leader. A point guard too I might point out. Boston will perpetuate the great attention to the program and hopefully garner another second Natty

Reactions: Whythis28

Whythis28

Joined Jun 22, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
Bring in 2 CHIPS including this year. Then, if you add the mythical one we got because of COVID, I'd say well deserving of the title and a face on the Mount Rushmore of Gamecocks athletics.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
I just learned of the NIL action Hendy has been building through her clothing line. Cool stuff. I knew she was cool. Did you see her under-leg dribble and scoop and score on a fast break. That GIF worthy

Reactions: GuitarCock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
The lenses of time and comprehensiveness might prove useful here, even necessary. We're talking about all collegiate WBB from when it became a significant sport. That takes in a lot of territory - several decades - back into the previous millennium. She appears to be the best there is right now for certain. She will have to be anointed by other than our own fanbase. If that happens, God bless her and congratulations.

Cocky 45

Joined Mar 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
had COVID never happened and we won in 2020, and had Boston made that put back last year then we would be talking about a potential GOAT, but not now, at most she wins 2 titles and 2 POY awards, which is elite but not GOAT.
Bring in 2 CHIPS including this year. Then, if you add the mythical one we got because of COVID, I'd say well deserving of the title and a face on the Mount Rushmore of Gamecocks athletics.
there is no mythical championship, the derogatory term was made up by UConn and Oregon fans to make fun of Dawn saying in an interview that we should be named champions after COVID ended the season and we were #1, but no we don't claim a mythical title.

Whythis28

Joined Jun 22, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
had COVID never happened and we won in 2020, and had Boston made that put back last year then we would be talking about a potential GOAT, but not now, at most she wins 2 titles and 2 POY awards, which is elite but not GOAT.

there is no mythical championship, the derogatory term was made up by UConn and Oregon fans to make fun of Dawn saying in an interview that we should be named champions after COVID ended the season and we were #1, but no we don't claim a mythical title.
Considering how many titles we have or don't have...she would have more than the person she's currently being compared to. Sure, the term "title" at the end of the COVID season is not official, but the number 1 ranking meant enough to make a banner and hang it in the rafters.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
...there is no mythical championship, the derogatory term was made up by UConn and Oregon fans to make fun of Dawn saying in an interview that we should be named champions after COVID ended the season and we were #1, but no we don't claim a mythical title.
We must live with this in perpetuity.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
I think the POY will come down to my 2 favorite players in WBB: Aliyah Boston and Catlin Clark...Clark has 38 points against Michigan today!!

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I think the POY will come down to my 2 favorite players in WBB: Aliyah Boston and Catlin Clark...Clark has 38 points against Michigan today!!
Seems like there's always that girl somewhere out there who can light it up. Now it's Clark; before her there was Ionescu, and there was also Gustafson. I hope Boston prevails.

GooCocks

Joined Aug 20, 2005
Feb 17, 2022
No No NO! LOL

I don’t think Boston is the WBB GOAT. In fact, she may not even be the best to play at USC - although she is challenging it. There are sooo many good WBB players that were legends. My knowledge of WBB is limited, but just a few that come to mind are her coach, Diana Taurasi, Cheryl Miller, Sheryl Swoops, Rebecca Lobo, Maya Moore, Sabrina Ionescu, Lisa Leslie, Brittney Greiner, Candace Parker, Holdsclaw. Jeez - I just realized I knew more players that I thought, and I know I’m missing a lot. Doesn’t mean Boston isn’t good, or even great. But to say she’s in the conversation for GOAT seems like a stretch.

Reactions: York cock

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Seems like there's always that girl somewhere out there who can light it up. Now it's Clark; before her there was Ionescu, and there was also Gustafson. I hope Boston prevails.
Clark was a 1st Team All American as a Freshman...Bueckers from UCONN was Freshman of the Year....Now a Sophomore, she could beat Boston as POY. I hope not but she could...

Rhizzlebop

Jan 23, 2022
I don’t think Boston is the WBB GOAT. In fact, she may not even be the best to play at USC - although she is challenging it. There are sooo many good WBB players that were legends. My knowledge of WBB is limited, but just a few that come to mind are her coach, Diana Taurasi, Cheryl Miller, Sheryl Swoops, Rebecca Lobo, Maya Moore, Sabrina Ionescu, Lisa Leslie, Brittney Greiner, Candace Parker, Holdsclaw. Jeez - I just realized I knew more players that I thought, and I know I’m missing a lot. Doesn’t mean Boston isn’t good, or even great. But to say she’s in the conversation for GOAT seems like a stretch.
Great point. I recognize all those names when I read your post, but I could not have named that many off the top of my head.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Clark was a 1st Team All American as a Freshman...Bueckers from UCONN was Freshman of the Year....Now a Sophomore, she could beat Boston as POY. I hope not but she could...
She won't beat her this year, though. Not enough activity. Next year?