PIAA Football Playoff Thread

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
My Central High Scarlett Dragons beat Grove City in a snow storm 35-7.
That’s awesome. I wish my high school had a good football program. We had/have one of the best basketball programs but not football. I feel like I missed out on “Friday night lights.” It’s nice to see so many on here still connected and proud of their high school teams. That’s the good stuff in life.

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
Bishop McDevitt beat Lampeter-Strasberg, 7-0, in one of the sloppiest games I have ever seen. McD turned it over on the L-S 1 yard line and LS lost three fumbles in the red zone. Harrisburg High plays State College today, could be a great weekend for Harrisburg area football if the Cougars can come away with the W.

Reactions: NedFromYork

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Governor Mifflin loses 31-28 to Exeter in 5A. Here's all the scores from tonight:

Berks v Berks...PSU Commit v PSU Commit. I used to coach Pop Warner in Exeter and I've always thought they were a sleeping giant. Big school with nice sports complexes and tons of kids that participate in youth football every year. Good for them.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Is there some hidden message as to why CJF didn't "@" Aliquippa?

I believe all of the other programs have a Twitter account. Aliquippa has a fan page Twitter account, but it hasn't had a new tweet since 2013. They have a "Aliquippa QB Club" twitter account that hasn't had a new tweet since 2017. There is also a Quip Nation Twitter account, but it hasn't had a new tweet since 2019. Sometimes schools that don't have a Twitter account for specific teams will have an athletic department Twitter account, but I couldn't find any such account for 'Quips sports.

Reactions: BW Lion

PAgeologist

Oct 19, 2021
In the Single A championship game, Bishop Guilfoyle 21 Redbank Valley 14. Good game, RV ties it at 14 with 4:38 left and BG gets the winning TD on the next drive.
That sucks. Im shocked BG made it anywhere in the playoffs. They got beat easily by a number of teams this year in the Laurel Highlands and probably should have lost another game or so.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
They recruit. Small enrollment but that right enrollment when it comes to sports. They get the athletes they want from near by SD’s
Caught a little bit of this one on PCN last night. McD looked very sloppy on offnese during the time I was watching. McD went up 2 TDs and I figured the game was over so switched channels. Glad to see they fought back a little.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Can't stand that St Joe's prep is in the champ game almost every year. Still think they should not be permitted in the PIAA playoffs. When Jon Runyan's kid won PA Player of the Year was the worst. The Runyan's live in Southern New Jersey(and did at that time too). The kid was not a PA resident and should not have been permitted to participate in PA Sports. Now he plays for the Packers.

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
Imhotep / Penn Trafford 6A Championship Game -- Obviously Imhotep is loaded, especially on defense with White and Wylie. But PT looks decent so far on offense on their first posession.

Last edited by a moderator:

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
Penn Trafford up 7-6 at the half. Each team only had one good drive, although PT had a long pass that was bobbled and would have put them deep into IMH territory. Lots of IP penalties so far.

Is Imhotep one of those private schools that recruits most of their players?

Last edited:

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021

Perhaps one of the most impressive upsets in PIAA history.

Like Rhule did at Baylor, Franklin should be looking to hire some of the premier HS coaches within PA.

They know the in-state talent and clearly know how to coach football.

Reactions: grinagrin

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
Penn Trafford up 7-6 at the half. Each team only had one good drive, although PT had a long pass that was bobbled and would have put them deep into IMH territory. Lots of IP penalties so far.

Is Imhotep one of those private schools that recruits most of their players?
Imhotep is a public charter school in Philly. They draw kids from all over the city.

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
Perhaps one of the most impressive upsets in PIAA history.

Like Rhule did at Baylor, Franklin should be looking to hire some of the premier HS coaches within PA.

They know the in-state talent and clearly know how to coach football.
Not sure I would call this an upset, Aliquippa was favored in some circles. Regardless, great game by them.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
Can't stand that St Joe's prep is in the champ game almost every year. Still think they should not be permitted in the PIAA playoffs. When Jon Runyan's kid won PA Player of the Year was the worst. The Runyan's live in Southern New Jersey(and did at that time too). The kid was not a PA resident and should not have been permitted to participate in PA Sports. Now he plays for the Packers.
Lots of private schools in PA, Delaware and NJ have kids from all three states just like they probably have in states like MD and VA due to simple geography. It is what it is and shouldn’t be held against the kids. Jmo

Latest posts