How does UT stripe the stadium so well?

Jun 17, 2022
Auburn fan here- y’all’s “checker the stadium” is by far the best stadium look in college football. Auburn’s having their annual “stripe the stadium” game this weekend for LSU, and it genuinely always looks terrible. How does UT make it work so well? Do they give out 100k t-shirts, or is everyone just on board for whatever color they’re assigned?

famVOLily

Sep 1, 2022
Auburn fan here- y’all’s “checker the stadium” is by far the best stadium look in college football. Auburn’s having their annual “stripe the stadium” game this weekend for LSU, and it genuinely always looks terrible. How does UT make it work so well? Do they give out 100k t-shirts, or is everyone just on board for whatever color they’re assigned?
They promote it really well through social media and provide a link for you to put your section, row and seat number in. You’re then told what color to wear.

The fan is then responsible for wearing orange or white to the game. I’m not aware of any t-shirts being provided by the school.

JohnKinSC

Sep 12, 2022
I know this is late, but IMO it's about the contrast. Ole Miss tried to do it this past weekend and it didn't look good either. It's too hard to distinguish between dark blue and red or dark blue and orange. The white on orange pops. Also, everyone does what they're supposed to. Sidenote--sorry for the year Auburn is having, that's gotta be frustrating. I like harsin, I wish they'd give him more of a chance.

NashVol09

Sep 6, 2022
I know this is late, but IMO it's about the contrast. Ole Miss tried to do it this past weekend and it didn't look good either. It's too hard to distinguish between dark blue and red or dark blue and orange. The white on orange pops. Also, everyone does what they're supposed to. Sidenote--sorry for the year Auburn is having, that's gotta be frustrating. I like harsin, I wish they'd give him more of a chance.
I remember the first checker game. We were all very invested and aware. Great website. Helped that it was a fan driven idea. That first game we were in a white section and two guys came in orange who had scalped tickets. The whole section boo'd and yelled at them until they left to buy new shirts. Came back in white and we all cheered. 100% participation. Its stuck ever since.

VolzOwn

Aug 2, 2022
Higher educational requirements in the state. Helps breed common sense.

Reactions: Army_Strong_Vol1

Volrick

Aug 9, 2022
I agree with the comments about contrast in colors being an issue. I also think just doing the stripe is not nearly as good as the checkerboard that we do. Just my opinion.