Mount Rushmore Of Penn State Wrestlers

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
For me it’s AB, Carter DT and Zain.

You could make a case for others but the two 4Xers have to be on there. DT is the most accomplished wrestler to come through the program with his senior level success. Zain did not lose after his TRFR year which is just pure domination.

You could make a case for Bo, Nolf and Ed but they all took a loss later in their careers (even though Nolf was an ID).

SurgeOne

Oct 30, 2021
For me it’s AB, Carter DT and Zain.

You could make a case for others but the two 4Xers have to be on there. DT is the most accomplished wrestler to come through the program with his senior level success. Zain did not lose after his TRFR year which is just pure domination.

You could make a case for Bo, Nolf and Ed but they all took a loss later in their careers (even though Nolf was an ID).
Wow- so hard to do. I remain amazed at how Zain and Brooks just made everything look so easy, dominated everyone.

Reactions: Michnit

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
This would have been a difficult question before Nationals this year. Now it's impossible to reach any sort of consensus on who the top 4 are.

Reactions: coastfan

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Brooks has to be there. Four timer and just effortless dominance.

David Taylor is the magic man and is two finals losses (one of which is a four timer) away from being a four timer. He was technically brilliant. You can't have a mount rushmore without him.

Zain Rutherford is on there. He upset a four timer in Logan Steibler as a freshman, and was just painfully dominant on his last three years.

Its a tough call between Bo, Nolf, and Carter. The obvious argument for Carter is his four championships. Bo and Nolf are close, but I'd have to go with Carter if limited to only 4.

I really think that the concept is who are to top echelon of Penn State wrestlers, as opposed to limited to just four. So, I'd add in Bo and Nolf as well.

Also, if we aren't sticking with just 4, then Kerry McCoy should be on there as well.

smealpsu05

Oct 8, 2021
Brooks has to be there. Four timer and just effortless dominance.

David Taylor is the magic man and is two finals losses (one of which is a four timer) away from being a four timer. He was technically brilliant. You can't have a mount rushmore without him.

Zain Rutherford is on there. He upset a four timer in Logan Steibler as a freshman, and was just painfully dominant on his last three years.

Its a tough call between Bo, Nolf, and Carter. The obvious argument for Carter is his four championships. Bo and Nolf are close, but I'd have to go with Carter if limited to only 4.

I really think that the concept is who are to top echelon of Penn State wrestlers, as opposed to limited to just four. So, I'd add in Bo and Nolf as well.

Also, if we aren't sticking with just 4, then Kerry McCoy should be on there as well.
that Ed Ruth was pretty good too.

KJB32812

Oct 31, 2021
According to FLO, it is DT, Nolf, Zain, and Brooks in that order. Nolfs stats are insane.

Bo and Carter were picks #5 and #6 in their draft. If you haven't listened to the Flo podcast where they did the draft, it was worth the listen.

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
I think the mere fact that Carter is a four timer and the circumstance of his fourth, he should be up there.

It is tough to pick just four, I think we pick a bigger mountain.

Reactions: Lions1

Lions1

Nov 1, 2021
Aaron, Carter, Bo, and Ed (3x champ, 4x big10 champ)

followed by
Zain - 2 Hodges
Nolf - 3x champ, 4 time finalist
Joseph - 2x champ wins o IM, without covid 3x champ. Better final wins than DT
DT 2x champ, was pinned in finals as freshman lost to Dake in finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeerLion