OT: City makes pitch to keep Bears in Chicago | UPDATE: Bears stay in City

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
It's pretty impressive and quite an aggressive approach by the City. Not sure if they will be able to pull it all off, but give them credit for making an effort to keep the Bears in town.

The enclosed playing field will be a big help, and possibly be able to attract other events, such as NCAA Men's Basketball Championship, CFP Football Championship, Big Ten Football Championship and even....dare I say it.... a new bowl game.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
It's pretty impressive and quite an aggressive approach by the City. Not sure if they will be able to pull it all off, but give them credit for making an effort to keep the Bears in town.

The enclosed playing field will be a big help, and possibly be able to attract other events, such as NCAA Men's Basketball Championship, CFP Football Championship, Big Ten Football Championship and even....dare I say it.... a new bowl game.
Heard those were the plans for renovating Beaver Stadium. Penn State sold them to Chicago cheap.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Heard those were the plans for renovating Beaver Stadium. Penn State sold them to Chicago cheap.
There is some similarity, although the Beav has different dimensions and structural issues that might be of concern relative to the roof. Scott Radecic probably has these designs on his shelf somewhere and can simply dust them off when needed. Ultimately, there are only so many variations to the theme for these stadiums.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Tell them it's a new public school and then it gets melded into your property taxes.

You could call it "Art School".
I like that idea. Good chance it would fly around here. All I would have to say is that it's "for the kids" and the BoE would sign off in a NY minute.

pap

Nov 1, 2021
There is some similarity, although the Beav has different dimensions and structural issues that might be of concern relative to the roof. Scott Radecic probably has these designs on his shelf somewhere and can simply dust them off when needed. Ultimately, there are only so many variations to the theme for these stadiums.
I will be curious to see how the design and what is done with Beaver when all is said and done .

Last edited:

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
….. and even....dare I say it.... a new bowl game.

A new bowl game? That’s it. Shut it all down!!! The Bears will have to live with Soldier Field as it is and suck it up. ;)

pap

Nov 1, 2021
Would be nice to have a Midwest alternative to Indianapolis for the B1G Championship game…
Yeah but tell that to the people who want the rose bowl as well .So three sites or more , on Midwest , one east , one south as well as one west ?

Reactions: Midnighter

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I hear that’s what your couch and TV are for. Invite?
I Dont Like No Thanks GIF by Seek North Kombucha

• Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I like that idea. Good chance it would fly around here. All I would have to say is that it's "for the kids" and the BoE would sign off in a NY minute.
My house is the "Church of Ro".

No taxes at all.

Gobert21

Oct 22, 2021
They just renovated Soldiers Field.

Domed stadium in Chicago? I went to a game there were it was so foggy we drove right past the stadium. If you've never been there that's hard to do.

pap

Nov 1, 2021
They just renovated Soldiers Field.

Domed stadium in Chicago? I went to a game there were it was so foggy we drove right past the stadium. If you've never been there that's hard to do.
Yes they just renovated it and now a whole new stadium , go figure . Btw I have heard that it can get very foggy there , maybe they put fog lights around the new stadium too ?

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah but tell that to the people who want the rose bowl as well .So three sites or more , on Midwest , one east , one south as well as one west ?
Good luck trying to get an eastern site from the Big Ten powerbrokers. If they ever leave Indianapolis it’ll be for Chicago and maybe a token game every once in a while in the Rose Bowl for USC/ UCLA and the big ten traditionalists.

Latest posts