OT: Eternals

NedFromYork

Oct 25, 2021
My son and I saw it Saturday night. I will say we thought 10 Rings was really good. Eternals? We both thought it was really bad, and not helped by the post credit scene. Thoughts for anybody that has seen it? I believe the upcoming Spider-Man will be good.

Reactions: Midnighter

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
I actually recognized one of the settings in the TV trailer--the blue wall/tower is the Ishtar Gate from Babylon, which the original is in Berlin.

Reactions: NedFromYork

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
My son and I saw it Saturday night. I will say we thought 10 Rings was really good. Eternals? We both thought it was really bad, and not helped by the post credit scene. Thoughts for anybody that has seen it? I believe the upcoming Spider-Man will be good.

My brother felt the exact opposite - did not like 10 Rings (said it was predictable) and really liked Eternals. I haven't seen either, but Eternals is a tough sell; it's not like Guardians of the Galaxy which despite having relatively unknown characters was able to be fun and introduce a complex part of the Marvel Universe in a relatively accessible way. Eternals is like a cosmic deep dive into the Marvel U and their role is a lot different than your standard superhero. My brother also said he liked that the film 'wasn't what he thought it would be' for whatever that's worth. Hoping to check out both soon.

jklewis

Nov 16, 2021
I liked both new Marvel movies relative to the expectations I had. I was indifferent to 10 Rings before seeing it and left the theater thinking it was great (sort of like the 1st Iron Man movie). I was really looking forward to Eternal and I really liked it, I just don't think I liked it as much as I expected to. It did have a couple of interesting twists