Realistic expectation. Let’s see replies

Smokeys_Holler

Sep 27, 2022
Tennessee will need two more years to recruit and build both offense and defensive depth to be back to 90’s level competitiveness.

oh, and we‘ll need to definitely retain our coaches (defensively for sure).

agree/disagree Let’s hear some realistic replies.

KickingVOL

Sep 1, 2022
Don't know which way you wanted us to take this. Tennessee needs to finish the year 10-2 to secure a top 8 class this year with a 5 star or two committed and 14 4 stars and like 9 3 stars. We need to make sure we get the defensive studs so we can regularly be an SEC juggernaut again and not just be an offense juggernaut with no defense like the Big 12 teams or an Ole Miss.

This year's record

Floor: 7-5
Ceiling: 12-0

Prediction: 10-2

mtnrider2

Sep 1, 2022
I guess I’m cynical given the past two decades. I’ve felt like 10-2 is highly unlikely. 9-3 is more realistic. Which is a one game improvement over the 8-4 I anticipated at the beginning of the season. After seeing the rails fall off our seasons before, I try to temper my expectations. This time it really does feel like Heupel is different. No one is going to leave and take the offensive production with him (David Cutcliffe). If we can recruit well enough and produce slightly better than average defenses, i think we’ll be back to where we as a fanbase want to be. All providing we continue to get above average quarterback play in the future. It’s critical with todays game ( ie Dobbs to Guarantano to Hooker).

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup

Smokeys_Holler

Sep 27, 2022
Don't know which way you wanted us to take this. Tennessee needs to finish the year 10-2 to secure a top 8 class this year with a 5 star or two committed and 14 4 stars and like 9 3 stars. We need to make sure we get the defensive studs so we can regularly be an SEC juggernaut again and not just be an offense juggernaut with no defense like the Big 12 teams or an Ole Miss.

This year's record

Floor: 7-5
Ceiling: 12-0

Prediction: 10-2
two Years to make the playoff. You’re right we need D-Studs. Garner will get that done but needs time to build depth.

Reactions: KickingVOL

Smokeys_Holler

Sep 27, 2022
I guess I’m cynical given the past two decades. I’ve felt like 10-2 is highly unlikely. 9-3 is more realistic. Which is a one game improvement over the 8-4 I anticipated at the beginning of the season. After seeing the rails fall off our seasons before, I try to temper my expectations. This time it really does feel like Heupel is different. No one is going to leave and take the offensive production with him (David Cutcliffe). If we can recruit well enough and produce slightly better than average defenses, i think we’ll be back to where we as a fanbase want to be. All providing we continue to get above average quarterback play in the future. It’s critical with todays game ( ie Dobbs to Guarantano to Hooker).
I’d say 9-3 is realistic. Martinez needs time. The cup was bare when Pruit left. Two years to truly be back.

GR82B-TN

Sep 1, 2022
At this point, I expect 9-3 but 10-2 is possible if the Vols can keep from dropping a game later in the season they should win.