“Andrea Dowhower promoted to Penn State vice president for Student Affairs”

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Interim to permanent. Interim for 14 months. That must have been an extensive and exhaustive NATIONAL. SEARCH. o_O .

See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Andrea Dowhower has been appointed as Penn State’s permanent vice president for Student Affairs, effective May 2, after having held the position in an interim capacity since February 2023.

Dowhower oversees 28 administrative units employing about 1,500 full- and part-time staff dedicated to student health and well-being; student involvement; student responsibility; diversity, equity and inclusion; residence life and career services.

“Andrea’s proven leadership and deep understanding of Penn State has greatly bolstered Student Affairs over the past 14 months and I’m delighted that she has agreed to take on this permanent role,” said Penn State President Neeli Bendapudi. “Our students rely on Penn State for so much more than an education. They want to know their school is welcoming, diverse and supportive of them. Andrea and her team have launched new initiatives that meet those needs across areas such as Campus Recreation, University Health Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Health Promotion and Wellness. Her leadership has been essential in advancing Student Affairs in providing needed support for our students outside of the classroom.””

Reactions: Anon1648262989

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
You seem to have a lot of interest in the goings on of the University.

Eyebrows Mafs GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Reactions: LB99

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
My 2 cents: They listed a lot of her accomplishments in the article and it sounds like she is the best person for the job. Things that caught my attention:

Dowhower also advocated for change-of-campus and transfer students by initiating a cohesive transition program and assists with the coordination of the President’s Convocation. - as a student that came from a commonwealth campus to main campus in the 80s this would have been very helpful to me. As a first generation college student from a small high school to a common wealth campus was somewhat manageable but then getting to main campus with classes that were bigger then my entire high school population was overwhelming.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, Dowhower oversaw a number of the University’s student-facing health and safety efforts, including contact tracing, student support during quarantine and isolation, on-campus testing, and others. - politics aside, I thought PSU did an admirable job during the pandemic, I was a staff member working remotely(no longer work at PSU), as much of a hassle as it was PSU did their best keeping everyone safe(I use that term because I know people who died and people who were near death from getting Covid, it effected everyone differently).

It sounds like she does actually have the best interest of the students and PSU in mind in her career here at PSU. Hopefully, she can stay out of the bars and parties or have the sense to Uber home instead of getting behind the wheel of a vehicle after partying unlike some of her colleagues(or former colleagues).

Waaaaaaaany

Oct 13, 2021
Is this a job that was vacated by the lady getting the DUI a couple of months ago? I recall discussion here, but can't really recall if that was her title.

Reactions: Sharkies

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Along with the couple of items @TheBigUglies listed, does her office organize affairs for the students to be involved in?
Curious.
🙂

OL

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Is this a job that was vacated by the lady getting the DUI a couple of months ago? I recall discussion here, but can't really recall if that was her title.
Nope, this position was previously held by Damon Sims, who has gone the way of all turds.

Reactions: BobPSU92

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
I think that falls under a different office, something to do with the former "Tent of Consent" or something like that from back in the day. 😂 😂 😂 😂
Dare I asked what the “tent of consent” was? I have an idea, but no way it could be correct!
😳
Then again, didn’t PSU once have a c u next Tuesday fest?

OL