“Grayson Murray, two-time PGA Tour winner, dies at 30”

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
The engagement broke off about a month ago so there's the inciting event. That plus having a rough round on Friday where he likely would have missed the cut sent him down this sad, final path. It's so devastating when the demon finds a way to win.

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
The engagement broke off about a month ago so there's the inciting event. That plus having a rough round on Friday where he likely would have missed the cut sent him down this sad, final path. It's so devastating when the demon finds a way to win.
But he had a 68 Thursday. He was one shot from making the cut when he withdrew. So terribly sad.

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
One day a close friend and I were lamenting that we had each lost a friend to suicide

"If only he would have called me, maybe I could have talked him out of it"

We made a deal that day that if either of us feels like suicide is the answer at any point, that person is obligated as a man of his word to call the other one

Would this buddy system hold up if one of us were in that state of mind? Not sure -- I hope so -- but it can't hurt to find yourself a buddy!

Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I have dealt with suicide on a close family basis and more recently with a friend’s 19 yo son. If you have never had to deal with it, consider yourself lucky. Those left behind question themselves for the rest of their lives.

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
I have really lost count of the number of funerals I have been to over the last 15+ years of people I knew in recovery, some with long term recovery, who decided to end their life. Every one is heart wrenching and tragic. I had a close close friend who's 16 year old son ended his life two days before Christmas and there wasn't a single warning sign. My heart really goes out to his family. Mental health struggles are no joke man.

• Sad
Reactions: LB99 and MtNittany

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
We are familiar with multiple acquaintances who had sons who committed suicide in their late teens or early 20's. It is such a tragic situation. I don't know if this is correlation or causation, but in the case of our acquaintances, all of the young men were regularly using marijuana.

• Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

Latest posts