“Penn State rates highly in the STARS sustainability performance rating” (#1 in b1g)

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Penn State rates highly in the STARS sustainability performance rating

Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education rating places University first among Big Ten institutions

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State’s University Park campus recently received notice of its fifth Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System (STARS) rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE), with an improved gold rating — from a score of 74.49 in 2021, to 76.41 in 2024. This latest rating places Penn State at the top of participating Big Ten institutions in sustainability performance.

“This recognition is a testament to the dedication and innovation of our students, faculty and staff as we work together to foster a more sustainable and resilient future," said Penn State President Neeli Bendapudi. "Together, we will continue to prioritize environmental stewardship and sustainable practices to keep Penn State at the forefront of creating positive and lasting impacts on our planet."

Lara Fowler, chief sustainability officer at Penn State and director of Penn State Sustainability (SustainPSU), also praised the University’s progress in sustainable development.

“I am particularly proud of the collaborative efforts to holistically address sustainability challenges over the long term. This rating represents significant hard work by many people across Penn State,” said Fowler. “This recognition affirms that our strategic initiatives, educational programs, and operational practices are making tangible impact. While we have accomplished a lot, there is plenty more to do. We will continue to push boundaries, engage in innovative sustainability solutions, and empower our campus community to create positive change.””

😀

First in b1g among participating institutions. 😞

Obliviax

Oct 12, 2021
coincidentally, I just got a notification that I was named to the "Who's who in Ohio". All I have to do is send them a check for $300 and they'll send me a book with my name in it along with 500 other people.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
coincidentally, I just got a notification that I was named to the "Who's who in Ohio". All I have to do is send them a check for $300 and they'll send me a book with my name in it along with 500 other people.

Reminds me of the car dealership radio ads catering to those with poor/bad credit ratings - they shout, 'WE WILL REFUSE NO CREDIT .......application.' Turds.

Reactions: Obliviax

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
“I am particularly proud of the collaborative efforts to holistically address sustainability challenges over the long term. This rating represents significant hard work by many people across Penn State,” said Fowler. “This recognition affirms that our strategic initiatives, educational programs, and operational practices are making tangible impact. While we have accomplished a lot, there is plenty more to do. We will continue to push boundaries, engage in innovative sustainability solutions, and empower our campus community to create positive change.””
That is some particularly impressive meaningless jargon right there.