11/6 Non-PSU game(s) thread

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Is anyone else watching the matchup involving two ex-PSU and ex-Franklin OC's? For a period, Donovan was dominating Moorhead.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
3rd quarter, tennessee 38, kentucky 28. I only turned on the game in the 3rd quarter. Levis had been throwing some nice passes until a pick-six just now.

beth mowins calling this game on espn2. Be right back.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Anybody watching LSU v Bama? Fowler has turned on his Gus Johnson voice more than ever.

Mufasa94

Oct 12, 2021
Wow, UK down 45-42 near midfield about s minute and a half left and 3rd down, Levi’s gets sacked and face masked. Refs missed it and Stoops gets unsportsmanlike conduct call after. On 4th and 20 something, nobody covers WR for first down pass.

Oct 12, 2021
Wow, UK down 45-42 near midfield about s minute and a half left and 3rd down, Levi’s gets sacked and face masked. Refs missed it and Stoops gets unsportsmanlike conduct call after. On 4th and 20 something, nobody covers WR for first down pass.
It's crazy that Kentucky lost that game. Levis had a great game and was able to throw it downfield in an SEC game for a change. He did throw a pick 6 that was a turning point though. According to the final game stats on ESPN, UK led in 1st downs - 35 to 18, yards - 612 to 481 and time of possession - 46:08 to 13:52. That TOS is one of the most lopsided I've seen in a while. It wasn't even that they lost the TO battle. That was even at one each. Tough loss for Stoops to swallow. No wonder he went ballistic on the missed call.

Matchup
1st Downs1835
3rd down efficiency3-812-17
4th down efficiency0-11-4
Total Yards461612
Passing316387
Comp-Att15-2032-50
Yards per pass15.87.7
Interceptions thrown01
Rushing145225
Rushing Attempts2749
Yards per rush5.44.6
Penalties6-407-58
Turnovers11
Fumbles lost10
Interceptions thrown01
Possession13:5246:08

Last edited:

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
They didn't miss it....they opted not to call it. Hence why Stoops was furious.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Pick 6 really hurt UK. That put them down 10. Play calling on the final drive was bizarre as well. UK was handing off and chewing time like they were in the lead with 3-4 minutes to go. They never acted urgent until 4th and 24.

Oct 12, 2021
Pick 6 really hurt UK. That put them down 10. Play calling on the final drive was bizarre as well. UK was handing off and chewing time like they were in the lead with 3-4 minutes to go. They never acted urgent until 4th and 24.
Yeah. I just went back and added the pick 6 to my post. I felt like I'd been pretty hard on his performance this season and had left out that "minor" detail. Hard to believe that UT scored 42 points on that UK defense. They have had some injuries too. CJF would be impressed with UT's big play O. They didn't waste much time on their scoring drives. Five of of their six scoring drives were less than one minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaDave4PSU

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah. I just went back and added the pick 6 to my post. I felt like I'd been pretty hard on his performance this season and had left out that "minor" detail. Hard to believe that UT scored 42 points on that UK defense. They have had some injuries too.

Their season mirrors ours. Great start. 3 consecutive losses.

From playoff hopes to NY6 to what Bowl do we end up in now.

Won games they were not expected to preseason then lost games to lesser opponents.

Levis is exactly who many of us thought he was.

UK secondary is terrible. And slow. No real pass rushers either. Missing 2-3 interior DL as well. Tough loss tonight. We'd want JFs head if he got us an unsportsmanlike conduct before a 4th down.

Oct 12, 2021
Their season mirrors ours. Great start. 3 consecutive losses.

From playoff hopes to NY6 to what Bowl do we end up in now.

Won games they were not expected to preseason then lost games to lesser opponents.

Levis is exactly who many of us thought he was.

UK secondary is terrible. And slow. No real pass rushers either. Missing 2-3 interior DL as well. Tough loss tonight. We'd want JFs head if he got us an unsportsmanlike conduct before a 4th down.
I just re-watched the highlights. Good point about the "speed" of the UK secondary. On the two long TD passes by UT the UK DBs looked like they were running in lead boots. It's rare that you see recievers increase their separation by that much after the catch. The Levis pick 6 was terrible. I suppose it wasn't just his fault. The play failed in conception. It was so telegraphed that the UT corner was in front of the receiver well before the ball got there. He caught it at least two yards in front of the receiver. I wonder if they lost those interior DL during or just after the Georgia game. They had a much better defensive showing against Georgia than either Mississippi State or UT. UK has good running game too. As a team, they have almost 1800 yards rushing/181 per game at a clip of 5 yards per carry. That should be helping Levis in the passing game.

Reactions: VaDave4PSU

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
I just re-watched the highlights. Good point about the "speed" of the UK secondary. On the two long TD passes by UT the UK DBs looked like they were running in lead boots. It's rare that you see recievers increase their separation by that much after the catch. The Levis pick 6 was terrible. I suppose it wasn't just his fault. The play failed in conception. It was so telegraphed that the UT corner was in front of the receiver well before the ball got there. He caught it at least two yards in front of the receiver. I wonder if they lost those interior DL during or just after the Georgia game. They had a much better defensive showing against Georgia than either Mississippi State or UT. UK has good running game too. As a team, they have almost 1800 yards rushing/181 per game at a clip of 5 yards per carry. That should be helping Levis in the passing game.

I think they lost two DL a couple weeks prior to Georgia.

They were missing their #2 WR as well.

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
I only got to see a replay of the play. Did the Tulsa player cross the goal line with possession before fumbling? From the angle I saw it appeared he did. Figured someone was watching the game and saw a better angle.