2023 Army Black Knight Invite Tournament Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Barr is the last of the PSUers to wrestle in the 2023 Army Black Knight Invite.

clucas11

Oct 31, 2021
Braeden Davis may have just won the 125 pound spot. What a great tournament for him. Showed toughness, resilience, and never seemed to be out of position. He didn't look like a true freshman out there. Incredibly composed and solid in all three positions.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Thanks for the coverage and the recaps. My uneducated take..........

1) Byers was pretty busy.
2) The team wrestled well. I've listened to these early season tourneys in the past and there have been a considerable number of mistakes, giving up late period takedowns or escapes, what was he doing there etc etc etc, especially from the non-starters. Today was very, very clean
3) Team appears to be embracing the new 3 pt TD rule by........attacking.
4) Very deep team.
5) So glad wrestling season is here.

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
Braeden Davis may have just won the 125 pound spot. What a great tournament for him. Showed toughness, resilience, and never seemed to be out of position. He didn't look like a true freshman out there. Incredibly composed and solid in all three positions.
We're due.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Where’s McHenry ? Why is he not competing at 125 ?

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Is Howard’s shoulder 100 percent ? He was 1 match from AA 2 years ago. He should definitely be winning the 125 spot and crushing guys in this tournament. Davis is a true freshman just getting by. No ranked wrestlers at this weight today. Or top 20 guys I should say.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Do not overlook Josh Barr's performance, he beat a couple of good kids.

I am just as excited about Braedon's performance as anyone so I Googled his 2022 Fargo semi-final and he was a different wrestler.
He got dusted, and his attacks were straight on with no angles, man he has improved since that match. Not giving up on Robbie just yet, but Braedon is giving us a glimmer of hope at 125 this year. We have options as Steen also looks improved, and where is McHenry?

fp

May 6, 2022
Love it when the young guys start knocking off some legit dudes. Pretty sure the sounds I'm hearing are of the 'reloader' starting to ramp up.....but once taylor and ruth are gone...but once retherford and nolf are gone....but once starocci and brooks are gone....

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021

I am just as excited about Braedon's performance as anyone so I Googled his 2022 Fargo semi-final and he was a different wrestler.
He got dusted, and his attacks were straight on with no angles, man he has improved since that match. Not giving up on Robbie just yet, but Braedon is giving us a glimmer of hope at 125 this year. We have options as Steen also looks improved, and where is McHenry?
Trying to figure the McHenry bit out. Sanderson mentioned him at first availability when asked about the situation at 125 so had no reason to believe he would not compete in either of the first two events. Will report back once I figure that out.

Reactions: Spice67 and Sean_G

Sayflip717

Sep 19, 2023
Wish Howard the best mentally and physically. Tough to come back after all the time off and multiple injuries. Glad to have depth at 125 finally!

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023

Yes,
Greg,
Can you ask about McHenry this week ?

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Thanks for the coverage and the recaps. My uneducated take..........

1) Byers was pretty busy.
2) The team wrestled well. I've listened to these early season tourneys in the past and there have been a considerable number of mistakes, giving up late period takedowns or escapes, what was he doing there etc etc etc, especially from the non-starters. Today was very, very clean
3) Team appears to be embracing the new 3 pt TD rule by........attacking.
4) Very deep team.
5) So glad wrestling season is here.
Team just continues to attack. It is truly one of the most impressive consistent aspects of this program.

Reactions: hohmadw1978