NW - 64
Wisky - 46.5
Purdue - 36.5
Illini - 35.5
Rutgers - 30
Indy - 27
MSU - 27
Maryland - 19.5

PSU has 6 in the finals, Nebraska has 5, Iowa has 3, tOSU and Minny have 2, and Mich. and Wisky have 1.

PSU, Iowa, Nebraska, tOSU, and NW are the only teams that still are in contention for the team title.

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
There was a post in this thread questioning the heart of this team. Six finalists along with three other wrestlers scoring points is an excellent performance from my perspective.

Our younger wrestlers (Facundo, Van Ness and Bartlett will learn from their losses and get better for the Nationals.

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022
I had family in town for dinner so unfortunately missed the live action, but just finished my DVR catch-up.
Consis:
- SVN picked it back up and showed exactly the offense I expected him to attempt in the Murin match. Good to see the commitment, but tough looking at the earlier match and thinking about what would have happened if he went for all that
- Facundo was bad and looked mentally and physically out of it. Disappointing. I’d like to say that I think he’ll improve in 2 weeks, but I don’t have much hope.

Champ:
Tough loss for Bartlett. Brock is good and just had his number it looked like. I’d like to see him wrestle back strong in the morning and push for 3rd.
RBY/CStar/Brooks were their usual dominant selves
Dean/Warner bores me at this point honestly. Warner has negative offensive potential.
MVPs of the session for me were Kerk and Levi. Kerk dominated big Tony. I was worried he would look ahead to Parris but he definitely did not. Levi has the X factor. He goes out there expecting to outwork and outpace you and then he does exactly that. Contrast between him and the other two freshmen is pretty stark.
On to Sunday!!

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Great night overall. Honest question. If you are a wrestler these days why would you go to iowa under brands. Stall stall stall and maybe you win. Except for lee who is gone, the entire team approach is like this. Kennedy winning was a joke and I would hope Cael will guide wrestlers to watch videos of the difference between our attacking style and their stall by advancing or retreating style.

bartlett svn and Facundo have to learn from guys like Dean who can ride and get out. Same issues as a month ago. I was shocked that hardy took Bartlett down twice with two reach around and Bartlett showed his back. Never really have seen that before. I’m sure after watching the video, Bartlett can beat him again if they wrestle again.
Haines rocked and wrestled so well for a freshmen really excited about him. Number 1 s brooks, rby starocci nice wins and Dean does it again by a hair!!

kerk very good win and here we go with the rematch. Parris is on fire and kerk has trimmed down for this Match. It will be close!!!

question for Tom, how well is Shultz wrestling. Where is kerks best place going into ncaas. Does he wrestle tomorrow and take 2 seed or does he need the 1 seed?

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Dean and Kerk beat Iowa wrestlers in the semifinals! We have to be prohibitive favorites to win the Big 10s. RBY, Carter, and Aaron looked sensational and will not lose. Hard to believe there was a debate over Haines giving up redshirt year. He will have a tough finals but he is a great wrestler. Dean sure looks tough again after a down period early in season. Kerk looks better and better-final matchup could be a classic match against a tough undefeated opponent!!

Reactions: Charles Brown

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Reactions: gimb14