2023 NCAA Championship Session III Thread

Eric_M

Oct 12, 2021
To be fair, at least 83% of their whining is no different than any other fan base, including Penn State's.
I would beg to differ. In my experience a fair portion of the Iowa base are some of the most vile, hateful, humans I have ever encountered. It is hard to sink lower than a pitt fan.

Reactions: bbrown

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Session recap:

Greg I am still sitting here shaking my head... between the Van Ness, Bartlett and Haines matches I can't remember watching a more wild round... It's almost happy hour and man I need a tall drink to either celebrate or relax after that round. Amazing wrestling for sure...

Last edited:

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
197 pounds: Dean vs. Harvey, ORST

First period
Harvey is in on a single leg first and Dean ought it off briefly but not long enough. It's 2-0 Harvey. Dean quickly out to 2-1. Dean in on a shot now that Harvey tries to whizzer are of. But, he cannot as Dean drives through and gets his other leg for a 3-2 lead before potentially dangerous stops the action with around a minute left to wrestle. Dean starts a ride but potentially dangerous halts the bout again. On a restart, Harvey works his way around and earns a reversal. It's 4-3 in favor of the Oregon State wrestler. Dean stands and turns in for an escape. It's 4-4. Harvey shoots, Dean snaps and circles, but time expires. It's 4-4.

Second period
Dean takes bottom. He turns and is out quickly to 5-4. Dean now shoots but can't connect as they break apart again. Dean shoots in for an ankle, picks up Harvey's leg, and Dean gets the trip and score for a 7-4 lead. Dean gets a stall warning for hanging onto Harvey's leg. But he's still in control as they re--start. Harvey tries to stand, then rolls, then stands, but Dean is shadowing him the whole way. Harvey stands again with 10 seconds left but Dean rides him out. It's 7-4 Dean after two.

Third period
Harvey takes bottom. I think that might be the first opponent to do so against Dean all tournament. Dean has a great ride going. And now the RT point is assured. So, it's 8-4. Harvey does escape. So, it's 8-5. Another takedown for Dean will do it. 10-5 winner and 2:16 in RT.

Dean d. Harvey 10-5, to keep his tournament alive.
Who does Dean have next ? Where’s he from