2024 USA Olympic Trials Thread

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
So what is the coverage tomorrow morning???? Finals at night……..

Reactions: KMAC41

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
So what is the coverage tomorrow morning???? Finals at night……..

Last edited:

a_mshaffer

Oct 13, 2021
Posted in the other forum:
Wow - unbelievable day. Biggest problem is that there were way too many matches going on at the same time. I missed Shapiro's first match on matt4 because the other 3 mats had PSU associated guys wrestling.

Here are my thoughts:
- Levi learned a hell of a lot. Would have liked to see him wrestling Jordan more than Facundo due to a different type of match up.

- Bummed on the damn passivity stall point and if you get the second one then you're losing.. thought Kerk had to get a little desperate as a result. Free vs folk - Gwiz didn't shoot once... Any way I wanted a PSU rep at every weight going into the finals.. bummer... but he will be primed and in his prime 4 years from now.
- Beau - I thought he should have not only have gotten the fall but another 2 with the half... it is ironic that a leg lace can get you unlimited points but that action didn't warrant another 2.
- Luke - looks big, sure hope he can make 25 next year
- MM learned a lot as well. Valuable experience. Jordan got the crowd against him by his stalling antics... MM wrestles to the whistle and not the OB lines... Yeah, he had a little physicality bordering post whistle but if you are the goat - you stay above it or take it out via performance.
Nolf – surprised by JBs match from a conditioning perspective after looking pretty spent after his first two matches. The ironic thing is that Nolf wrestled that match seemingly identical to past JB matches

Cenzo – not sure why he forfeited out. Was surprised to see him lose.

Nick and Zane – great to see them ‘back’. Can’t wait until tomorrow

Star – needs time to resize. Downey – sad joke. Needs some type of help.

Mirasola – even though he lost to Dean this time, we have a good hand off from AB!

Nico – just can’t finish on Spencer.

The young kids are the real deal – everyone who made the tournament. Trials in 4 years, for that matter, every world team trials is simply going sustain this high level of wrestling!

Thoughts:

Wonder how many matches would have been different if international ref’s were working. Maybe it is just me, just seems passivity, grounding, and pins (i.e. Beau’s) would have been called a little differently…

JB - The crowds sentiments carried over to the Nolf match. Manning, even if a good guy, simply is a whiner. Regardless, these aren’t amateurs any more and you should be prepared to be heckled. I do agree extra jeering isn’t needed, especially when your guy won. But… being the goat doesn’t mean everyone lays down in front of you.

General warning… I was in my seat and someone came and sat down beside me (my seat but wife didn’t come). He had a ticket just purchased from stubhub – all sessions – for ~$100. No harm since wife wasn’t there but had to wonder ‘how’ and ‘what-if’. Could have been ugly. Turned out he bought a scam ticket off of stubhub - ~30 mins earlier. Even though it got him in the door (scanned). He did get a message while we were sitting there from Stubhub indicating the ticket seller wasn’t verified.

Women’s wrestling is getting better. Also wish PSU fans applauded Jen half as much as the PSU men.

BJC is getting old. In good shape but you can tell it’s old.

Can’t wait until tomorrow