285 Unranked Jack DelGarbino (Princeton) over #3 Tony Cassioppi (Iowa) (Fall 2:07)

Oct 31, 2021
Also, Monday really made Young look lost. Fun to watch.
Ok I ll say it. If ….. Joe is not having problems w the Wght descent , if healthy and if head in the game / listening to the staff :
I ll take him over Young( who I respect ) all day!!!!!!
I know a lot of ifs !!!! but 1) the mental part is correctable esp w our staff and Joe being a Lee! 2) The Wght descent may need a lil more time to adapt ( he didn’t look big to me at 165) and 3) the injury from last yr shd be healed / dealt with . But this is the big unknown . Something not right 1,2 or 3 but I have faith he proves all the critics ( even some of our own fan base) wrong and finds himself. We ll see. I m also behind Claw if he s our guy. Just think Joe higher upside against top guys. Let s Go!!!!!! Iowa’s a strong team that I respect but can we top them ? Yes ! Why ?
We are ……….
Penn State

Oct 31, 2021
Ok I ll say it. If ….. Joe is not having problems w the Wght descent , if healthy and if head in the game / listening to the staff :
I know a lot of ifs !!!! but 1) the mental part is correctable esp w our staff and Joe being a Lee! 2) The Wght descent may need a lil more time to adapt ( he didn’t look big to me at 165) and 3) the injury from last yr shd be healed / dealt with . But this is the big unknown . Something not right 1,2 or 3 but I have faith he proves all the critics ( even some of our own fan base) wrong and finds himself. We ll see. I m also behind Claw if he s our guy. Just think Joe higher upside against top guys. Let s Go!!!!!! Iowa’s a strong team that I respect but can we top them ? Yes ! Why ?
We are ……….
Penn State
Love to know where Matt Lee is in terms of Wght and overall? I guess we all would. After watching Iowa , Ok State, Minnesota , Cornell etc, I m feel even more strongly about solidifying our team. I have faith Cael and co will do that. Nick Saban always talks about “ the faceless oppt”. They ll be there in the end but self insight and improvement is the main focus . The staff will have us ready! Enjoy the season. Enjoy the ride! Gonna be an exciting one. I like this years team a lot. Any doubters be loud ! Our guys are above that! Good mature kids that have there acts together on the mat and in life. Let s Go!!!!! Bring it on. The process is on………

Oct 31, 2021
Love to know where Matt Lee is in terms of Wght and overall? I guess we all would. After watching Iowa , Ok State, Minnesota , Cornell etc, I m feel even more strongly about solidifying our team. I have faith Cael and co will do that. Nick Saban always talks about “ the faceless oppt”. They ll be there in the end but self insight and improvement is the main focus . The staff will have us ready! Enjoy the season. Enjoy the ride! Gonna be an exciting one. I like this years team a lot. Any doubters be loud ! Our guys are above that! Good mature kids that have there acts together on the mat and in life. Let s Go!!!!! Bring it on. The process is on………
I know I keep replying to myself! Lol

Oct 31, 2021
Are you interested in Matt lee going 165 or 157 because of his win over Julian Ramirez a couple weeks ago?
Gives us another possibility . My inclination was 157 ( realistic ?) and yes before ppl reply I realize he ascended to 165. This will play out. Need to know Joe s situation . And if that was a one off for Barraclough. Yes Matt Looked great vs Ramirez but just one match. I just think he s a wild card. . I personally would like to see Alex at 165. He s a sponge. If he progresses as I think he will. He can RS another year. And pls no more he needs an offense . I get it , Alex gets it and of course the coaches do too. Kid s a natural talent , dedicated as they come - quick learner , smart . Let s see where we are at in January. Just my opinion but I m old ( bk then 118 was a Wght) lol! This will all play itself out. And yes we ll be there as a team in the end. All the best. CB

OB Lion

Oct 19, 2021
We are ……….
Penn State
He has to learn not to take himself to his back.

Reactions: Goldbanger
Oct 31, 2021
Really. Thanks . Great point.
I think his injury got into his head last year. Through too much caution to the wind. Wanted to end things early. He has this tendency but imo this exacerbated it. This frustratedThe bigger questions are his health and how he adapted to the Wght descent to 57. If these are worked out he ll be fine. He needs to be more patient and composed yes. Self awareness and reeling in his emotion . This is correctable! He s a Lee and I think his teachers/ coaches picked up on the not putting yourself to your back thing. We ll see. i m not ready to give up on him. But your point is noted.