# 9

theehmann

Oct 29, 2021
He's a great kid, talented and a hard worker but he's killing us at the most inopportune times. He received 3 penalties against Ohio State which resulted in first downs when we had them in third and long. It happened twice against Maryland also. For every great play that he makes (and there are many) he puts us in a hole with unnecessary penalties.

Reactions: Cigarowl

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
He's a great kid, talented and a hard worker but he's killing us at the most inopportune times. He received 3 penalties against Ohio State which resulted in first downs when we had them in third and long. It happened twice against Maryland also. For every great play that he makes (and there are many) he puts us in a hole with unnecessary penalties.
Here's what he said pre game on the radio show this week: (edit: this was from a while back but he said the same thing this week)

"Continuing, Franklin also touched on the team-wide issue that has sent the Nittany Lions down something of an uncharacteristic path this season.

“I think we’ve gotta clean up some of the penalties. We’re not having a bunch of them,” he said. “And I actually am a believer that you should have a few penalties a game. I’m OK with the aggressive penalties. It’s the pre-snap and post-snap penalties.

“We’ve been one of the more disciplined teams in college football for a while, so I just want to make sure that we get some of those things cleaned up so we’re not giving away free yards.”

Through three games, Penn State is tied for 51st nationally in the fewest penalties per game at 6.00 with a significant 58.67 yards per game surrendered via penalties (tied-79th)."

Last edited:

Goldbanger

Oct 12, 2021
Here's what he said pre game on the radio show this week:

"Continuing, Franklin also touched on the team-wide issue that has sent the Nittany Lions down something of an uncharacteristic path this season.

“I think we’ve gotta clean up some of the penalties. We’re not having a bunch of them,” he said. “And I actually am a believer that you should have a few penalties a game. I’m OK with the aggressive penalties. It’s the pre-snap and post-snap penalties.

“We’ve been one of the more disciplined teams in college football for a while, so I just want to make sure that we get some of those things cleaned up so we’re not giving away free yards.”

Through three games, Penn State is tied for 51st nationally in the fewest penalties per game at 6.00 with a significant 58.67 yards per game surrendered via penalties (tied-79th)."

Not to be too critical, but that is barely average, and as my high school wrestling coach use to say, being average scares the hell out of me.

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Beats having guys that aren’t close enough to receivers to even draw a flag. JPJ is one heck of a player. Have we had a CB that’s been as physical in the run game too? Maybe last one was AZ?

mfb5053

Oct 12, 2021
The consensus has been that this is our best secondary in a long time. And apparently we are doing it with three studs and a bum. Quite an accomplishment!