A few questions:

SRD_PSU

Oct 13, 2021
1. Why can’t we run the ball?
I’m of the opinion that it’s scheme(that cursed RPO), as opposed to personnel. The OL doesn’t know if they’re run blocking or pass blocking. This, in turn affects running, way more than passing.

2. (Talking about conference play)Why can’t we be the ones who score a Defensive TD? Heck we had 3 consecutive games, last season, where the opposition scored a defensive TD on us. One yesterday. I believe 1 from Iowa in ‘18. 1 from Michigan in ‘18. I believe our last one was OSU in ‘14, Zettel??

3. Why no misdirection plays ???
When was the last time we saw a successful HB screen? A reverse or end-around? Designing a play to get a playmaker in space. Instead of making aggressive defenses pay for being aggressive. Nope instead, we play right into their strengths, by running the ball up the middle, for .000000001 yards.

Sorry for the vent, but:
1. (Micah Parsons aside)I’m so tired of having zero playmakers on defense
2. I’m so tired of the same predictable offense week in and week out.

WeAre

Oct 7, 2021
1. Why can’t we run the ball?
I’m of the opinion that it’s scheme(that cursed RPO), as opposed to personnel. The OL doesn’t know if they’re run blocking or pass blocking. This, in turn affects running, way more than passing.

2. (Talking about conference play)Why can’t we be the ones who score a Defensive TD? Heck we had 3 consecutive games, last season, where the opposition scored a defensive TD on us. One yesterday. I believe 1 from Iowa in ‘18. 1 from Michigan in ‘18. I believe our last one was OSU in ‘14, Zettel??

3. Why no misdirection plays ???
When was the last time we saw a successful HB screen? A reverse or end-around? Designing a play to get a playmaker in space. Instead of making aggressive defenses pay for being aggressive. Nope instead, we play right into their strengths, by running the ball up the middle, for .000000001 yards.

Sorry for the vent, but:
1. (Micah Parsons aside)I’m so tired of having zero playmakers on defense
2. I’m so tired of the same predictable offense week in and week out.
1) This is frustrating.
2) We did have one last week. The refs inexplicably changed the call well after the TD.
3) This may have been effective but we did do a little. The wide call for Dotson's TD run had them overloaded on the expectation of Tyler Warren on a quick hitter up the middle. But reverses may be tough with as much penetration as Ohio St's D was getting on our line.

Also,
1) We have some playmakers on D but maybe none of Parsons level. He was a freak that doesn't come along every year or two.
2) Our offense did some things I didn't expect in this game. The line still has issues but I thought MY called a pretty decent game and we moved the ball as well as Ohio St's offense did or better.

Reactions: Bison13

Georgia Peach

Oct 28, 2021
1) This is frustrating.
2) We did have one last week. The refs inexplicably changed the call well after the TD.
3) This may have been effective but we did do a little. The wide call for Dotson's TD run had them overloaded on the expectation of Tyler Warren on a quick hitter up the middle. But reverses may be tough with as much penetration as Ohio St's D was getting on our line.

Also,
1) We have some playmakers on D but maybe none of Parsons level. He was a freak that doesn't come along every year or two.
2) Our offense did some things I didn't expect in this game. The line still has issues but I thought MY called a pretty decent game and we moved the ball as well as Ohio St's offense did or better.
We did GREAT on offense for not having a running game. Having an effective passing game against that secondary without the benefit of the threat of a running game is testament to good execution by SC and the wideouts and TE's and the play calling. The OL problems are not scheme related but have to do with a lack of talent. The guard position is a weakness that gets exploited every week. We are thin at every OL position and there is not an all Big Ten performer among the starters. The failures arise from recruiting and will continue as the much respected recruiting class has no OL recruit above a 3 star rating (according to Rivals).

Reactions: Bison13

Georgia Peach

Oct 28, 2021
1) This is frustrating.

Also,
Micah Parsons is no "freak". He was NFL ready and a college team hopeful of competing against tOSU and Alabama had better have 3-5 of them every year.