A.J. Ferrari & Mason Parris getting NIL $$

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Oct 15, 2021
The faster Ferrari gets to his natural home in the WWE, the happier I'll be. I only hope I get to see Dean bow and arrow him first.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
The faster Ferrari gets to his natural home in the WWE, the happier I'll be. I only hope I get to see Dean bow and arrow him first.
I was watching the Lehigh match and thinking that nobody on this team seams to have the punishing style that Zane had. Then Dean pulled out the bow and arrow move and I was pleased.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

CropDuster507

Oct 31, 2021
How long until people start twitter campaigns to get college athlete NIL funds dropped by corporations for things like Ferrari's interaction in the handshake line?
"What kind of company supports and promotes things like that?" -fake enraged wrestling fan

Wonder what the legalities are around pulling NIL money?

Oct 15, 2021
How long until people start twitter campaigns to get college athlete NIL funds dropped by corporations for things like Ferrari's interaction in the handshake line?
"What kind of company supports and promotes things like that?" -fake enraged wrestling fan

Wonder what the legalities are around pulling NIL money?
"What kind of company supports and promotes things like that?"

The WWE. They probably loved it.

Reactions: donaldfair71
Oct 11, 2021
NIL is still a confusing world to me. Notably absent from this list is Gable Stevenson, which seems to indicate his deal is different than NIL. I have wondered all along how you can sign a contract with a 'wrestling' company, without being reclassified a professional athelete. I assume until Gable actually wrestles in a match for them any $ are more NIL like than for performance. Then again isn't WWE more like being a professional actor?

Oct 15, 2021
No, I think Gable is in the same boat, he was just first. I'd imagine Gable's deal is probably larger because he has openly stated that's what he wants to do after college and the fact that he is a bigger name. The WWE probably thought it was worth rolling out to other potential targets too. The way I read it is that this latest round of signees are athletes they're interested in, so they're going to give them some support and see if it pans out. I also don't think he will, but I don't think it would matter if he "wrestled" in the WWE while still in college. I think the pay for performance is limited to the sport they're doing in college. So as long as the WWE doesn't give him $20k to wrestle in the Iowa dual, they're fine. I think anyone who took an intro to law class could argue that the WWE and College Wrestling are not the same and that one of them isn't even a sport. I don't think he'll perform in the WWE yet because they generally have a pretty rigorous training program with their new recruits down in Florida. They're not going to throw him out there until he spends a significant amount of time there and they have time to create a backstory for him, etc.

Latest posts