AKB: parking near ORV and showering question.

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
Long story short. Plans to park and stay at state college locale fell through. Will sleep in ORV lot with friends.

Questions
1. Where can I park near ORV lot? Plenty around or no? Is lot 80 garage open Friday night for extended parking?

2. Is IM building open for showering? RV will be too busy for showering

thank you in advance for replies.

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
1. This will be a tough one. Somebody else may be able to help better than me, but you are asking about the Creamery Deck. Not sure if you can park there Friday, but I doubt it. The closest I can personally think of is to park in a garage downtown. If you can get a ride, you can park at the Sheetz off (EDIT) Waddle Rd. Fox Hollow Rd overnight. OR, I think you can park along the steet in areas of Toftrees. It's not really far and you can probably walk it. People walk it on game day.
2. IM is closed to the public.

Last edited:

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
1. This will be a tough one. Somebody else may be able to help better than me, but you are asking about the Creamery Deck. Not sure if you can park there Friday, but I doubt it. The closest I can personally think of is to park in a garage downtown. If you can get a ride, you can park at the Sheetz off Fox Hollow Rd overnight. OR, I think you can park along the steet in areas of Toftrees. It's not really far and you can probably walk it. People walk it on game day.
Given your poor recommendations for #1, hope you aren’t a travel agent. 🤣😉

Reactions: TheBigUglies

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
If I recall that lets you park on Friday and stay until Sunday around noon. Not sure about in and out privileges though.
In and out and you'll pay another $40 (that is unless you get out by about 6-7am on Saturday morning, as that's when the gameday rate kicks in and it becomes $40).

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Long story short. Plans to park and stay at state college locale fell through. Will sleep in ORV lot with friends.

Questions
1. Where can I park near ORV lot? Plenty around or no? Is lot 80 garage open Friday night for extended parking?

2. Is IM building open for showering? RV will be too busy for showering

thank you in advance for replies.
Park at Hills Plaza and take the CATA bus to the stadium and this. And wear swim trunks. 😉

RISEPRO 10 gallons/40L Solar Shower Bag Solar Heating Camping Shower Bag with Temperature Hot Water Outdoor Hiking Climbing XH07 https://a.co/d/7Wbdl08

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
1. This will be a tough one. Somebody else may be able to help better than me, but you are asking about the Creamery Deck. Not sure if you can park there Friday, but I doubt it. The closest I can personally think of is to park in a garage downtown. If you can get a ride, you can park at the Sheetz off Fox Hollow Rd overnight. OR, I think you can park along the steet in areas of Toftrees. It's not really far and you can probably walk it. People walk it on game day.
Where is there a Sheetz off Fox Hollow Rd?

IM building is closed to the public and all other buildings on campus with showers for obvious reasons. Your best bet would be to wait your turn in the RV or take a walk down to Spring Creek and bathe there :cool: . In the yesteryears of tailgating, I have know some that have done that as well as sleeping in the tree lines between lots.

The ORV lot has a parking lot with in out but it is $60 and I think you need to have an ORV pass to purchase. You can get the person with the ORV to purchase one when they show up. Otherwise the Creamery Deck would be closest and you will need to pay to park there as others stated. You could always park at one of the shopping centers on the outskirts of town(like where Target is on the North Side, the Walmart on the East side, or Hills Plaza on the South Side and Uber/Lyft to the ORV lot on Friday night. The Target and Hills Plaza shuttles only run on game day starting 3 hrs before kickoff to 1 hr after game is over.

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
Where is there a Sheetz off Fox Hollow Rd?

IM building is closed to the public and all other buildings on campus with showers for obvious reasons. Your best bet would be to wait your turn in the RV or take a walk down to Spring Creek and bathe there :cool: . In the yesteryears of tailgating, I have know some that have done that as well as sleeping in the tree lines between lots.

The ORV lot has a parking lot with in out but it is $60 and I think you need to have an ORV pass to purchase. You can get the person with the ORV to purchase one when they show up. Otherwise the Creamery Deck would be closest and you will need to pay to park there as others stated. You could always park at one of the shopping centers on the outskirts of town(like where Target is on the North Side, the Walmart on the East side, or Hills Plaza on the South Side and Uber/Lyft to the ORV lot on Friday night. The Target and Hills Plaza shuttles only run on game day starting 3 hrs before kickoff to 1 hr after game is over.
Sorry, not Fox Hollow. It's on Collonade off Waddle. There is a big parking lot there.

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
In and out and you'll pay another $40 (that is unless you get out by about 6-7am on Saturday morning, as that's when the gameday rate kicks in and it becomes $40).
They have a weekend rate. They don’t charge you $40 x 2. I know that much.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
They have a weekend rate. They don’t charge you $40 x 2. I know that much.
If you leave on Saturday, you need to pay the $40...then, when you leave again, you'd have to pay another $40, right? How have you been able to come and go without paying multiple times?

Latest posts