All our fears are realized tonight.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
We can't the ball. Literally can't. Should we be surprised that a QB-turned-WR-turned-RB isn't a good RB?

Our OL can't block...at all.

Loggains has not shown any signs of being a competent OC. We have zero sustained offense in the game.

D cannot get a lick of pressure.

For good measure throw in losing 2 of your best players for the game.

Jan 24, 2022
We can't the ball. Literally can't. Should we be surprised that a QB-turned-WR-turned-RB isn't a good RB?

Loggains has not shown any signs of being a competent OC. We have zero sustained offense in the game.

U should consider a Valium, a blue one.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I’ll take two! Gonna need them with this football performance.
Shane said recruits weren't going to de-commit if the game didn't go our way tonight.

He may have been testing fate with that statement. The way this team looks so far, we can expect numerous defections.

Reactions: DHS

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
Guys……. I tried to be a trooper and watch this entire game. But other family members have wrenched the remote away from me and turned it off: HelloOoO to another football season of Golden Girl reruns… just like the a Muschamp era… 😔

Reactions: boduke

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
Guys……. I tried to be a trooper and watch this entire game. But other family members have wrenched the remote away from me and turned it off: HelloOoO to another football season of Golden Girl reruns… just like the a Muschamp era… 😔
If they show this Walker guy one more time I will have to quit watching. What the hell is that all about???

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023

Yep. Everything we should have been worried about has come to fruition. This coaching staff isn’t good enough. Period.

Reactions: Mic4usc

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
We are getting physically dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Going to be a long SEC season.

Reactions: DHS and Cadcock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I turned it off after our 4 and out after UNC went up 24-14. I've been around long enough to know when we're toast. No sense in putting myself through the mental agony of watching the entire game.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I believe this is Beamer’s least talented team. Help is on the way, but it is going to take multiple years. And we’re going to have to hire bettter coaches along the way.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I believe this is Beamer’s least talented team. Help is on the way, but it is going to take multiple years. And we’re going to have to hire bettter coaches along the way.

I was just thinking this looks like his worst team, by far. It doesn't bode well when your worst team is in your 3rd year.

With how bad this team looks, I expect some attrition from our recruiting class.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I was just thinking this looks like his worst team, by far. It doesn't bode well when your worst team is in your 3rd year.

With how bad this team looks, I expect some attrition from our recruiting class.
Not that uncommon. Many times the previous coach has some players. Muschamp did. Just didn’t have it across the board.

And often times that first class is weak, regardless of the optimism surrounding it. Year three is when we need that first class to step up. Not seeing it.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It’s kind of funny to think back over all the off-season discussion and think how we even contemplated the notion that we might be good this year. On paper, there was no reason whatsoever to think this might be a good team. But somehow we got at least tantalized with the idea of us challenging for second in the east and all that.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
It’s kind of funny to think back over all the off-season discussion and think how we even contemplated the notion that we might be good this year. On paper, there was no reason whatsoever to think this might be a good team. But somehow we got at least tantalized with the idea of us challenging for second in the east and all that.
Yep. Way too many positions where there are serious questions. I still think we could be a better team by the end of the year but the record not indicate it. Truly believe that will be the case. Not shocked we looked bad tonight. Pissed, but not shocked.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

Off-season college football fans. Eternal optimism right up until September.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Deion isn't waiting years.
I didn’t say I was happy about it. But did you see anything tonight that says we’re year away?

Beamer also isn’t Deion. The guy that scored the game-winning TD for Colorado was a 5* WR who played for Deion as a kid. Deion is a very unique situation because he’s Deion. And Deion did great, but it’s one game as well. We had some good wins last year too.

This is not a quick fix. It just isn’t. Deion brought over Travis Hunter, and his 2 sons as well as multiple transfers from P5 schools. Our biggest needs from the portal this year we’re probably TE and RB. We did good on TE (hired his position coach) but our RB is from freaking Newberry.

Beamer’s situation, as is with 99% of coaches, isn’t Deion. It’s why no other coach overhauls their roster in year one…because they can’t do what Deion just did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patriot321

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
When performing like this truly becomes unacceptable things can change. It’s clear that it’s not unacceptable at South Carolina yet.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

SirSpur

Joined Jan 10, 2014
Jan 31, 2022

I mentioned it in another post. If your former QB, turned WR can in one season become your starting RB in the SEC, that means your RB room is crap. That's some kind of high school stuff.

Loggains, I don't know. The play calling I don't think was bad but the preparation was. He is the HC of the offense and there is no way he should've put that O-line on the field. Or whatever he thought that he had as a running game.

D couldn't get pressure last year and nothing major changed. I wouldn't expect different.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Mic4usc

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Jan 22, 2022
Shane said recruits weren't going to de-commit if the game didn't go our way tonight.

He may have been testing fate with that statement. The way this team looks so far, we can expect numerous defections.
If this team sucks, my off-season criticisms will all be realized. New OC and OL coach hires were average at best. Very poor OL and RB portal additions. Beamer would’ve wasted whatever momentum he had. And at USC, there’s no guarantee you get it turned back around. LOS recruiting looks very promising, but can we hang on to these guys if we go 4-8!? That’s the real concern.

Mic4usc

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Jan 22, 2022
In the portal era, this is avoidable. Especially after a red hot finish last year. I think Beamer made VERY poor off-season decisions. I think you’re right, but he doesn’t get the same kind of pass coaches used to get for 3rd dips.

Dreaus

Sep 10, 2022
Yep. Everything we should have been worried about has come to fruition. This coaching staff isn’t good enough. Period.
The only thing correct with this statement is the reference to the offensive line. The talent is not there at all. It's not the coaches, quarterback or quarterback turned running back (which is a lable when things go bad). A positive is that a QB played receiver and played well. We just got man handled on the offensive and defensive lines.

Reactions: Cackmandu

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
Why is the op blaming Joyner? That was all the offensive line! They couldn't protect or open holes! We had a 5 star running back that couldn't do anything on this team! Until the offensive line gets better players and better coaching nothing will change. As far as the defensive line, I am wanting to believe that they were focusing on stopping the run and trying to contain Maye and not let him scramble. If that isn't the reason we didn't get any pressure then we are in deep poo poo!

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
I didn’t say I was happy about it. But did you see anything tonight that says we’re year away?

Beamer also isn’t Deion. The guy that scored the game-winning TD for Colorado was a 5* WR who played for Deion as a kid. Deion is a very unique situation because he’s Deion. And Deion did great, but it’s one game as well. We had some good wins last year too.

This is not a quick fix. It just isn’t. Deion brought over Travis Hunter, and his 2 sons as well as multiple transfers from P5 schools. Our biggest needs from the portal this year we’re probably TE and RB. We did good on TE (hired his position coach) but our RB is from freaking Newberry.

Beamer’s situation, as is with 99% of coaches, isn’t Deion. It’s why no other coach overhauls their roster in year one…because they can’t do what Deion just did.
That situation is not as unique as you make it out to be. It can be duplicated.