And just like that Ohio St. is back in the playoff mix

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Guess we are already in the playoffs but didnt know it. But this version gives the lesser ranked teams a bye. Kinda screwed up.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Guess we are already in the playoffs but didnt know it. But this version gives the lesser ranked teams a bye. Kinda screwed up.
It's really screwed up. But the gods of money and inclusiveness must be appeased.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Don't worry - it won't be long before everybody gets into the playoffs and the regular season becomes about as important as MLB's.

Reactions: Lurker123

Hoganman1

Nov 28, 2022
As much as I like Alabama and don't like OSU, I don't see a way for the Tide to jump the Buckeyes if UGA, Michigan and TCU hold serve. If somehow all three were to lose then maybe a two loss Bama could sneak into the mix. Who knows what the committee will do, but chaos will reign if a two loss team gets in over a one loss team.

Reactions: KingWard

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
As much as I like Alabama and don't like OSU, I don't see a way for the Tide to jump the Buckeyes if UGA, Michigan and TCU hold serve. If somehow all three were to lose then maybe a two loss Bama could sneak into the mix. Who knows what the committee will do, but chaos will reign if a two loss team gets in over a one loss team.
Your hypothesis is going to hold true, and would have held true no matter who lost today. Neither Georgia nor Michigan was going to be eliminated today. TCU might have been had they lost in ugly fashion. Alabama doesn't have enough style points to get past a one-loss Ohio State team which has a Top 10 win and their win over Notre Dame looked better as the season went on, especially after Notre Dame spanked UPC.

Hoganman1

Nov 28, 2022
We'll find out who's in for sure today at noon. I'm excited to see who the Cocks play. If it is Notre Dame that would give us a chance to get another big win. I don't know how we stack up against them, but if we play well we should have a shot. I'm also intrigued to see who Shane names as interim OC.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Nope.....Bama is a 2 loss team and that second loss didn't occur during the conference championship game....and one of the teams they lost to just had their proverbial butts handed to them.
Bama is out. They might as well be on the moon.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Would it not make sense to have a rule where if you're not good enough to play in your conference championship game then you're not good enough to go to CFP, regardless of record?
Would prevent those who sit out conference championships from sneaking in the back door like OSU.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Would it not make sense to have a rule where if you're not good enough to play in your conference championship game then you're not good enough to go to CFP, regardless of record?
Would prevent those who sit out conference championships from sneaking in the back door like OSU.
No.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
That would depend on if you wanted an undisputed national champion where if you win, you advance and everything is won or lost on the field by a process of elimination or you favor a invitational tournament where you beat other invited guests whereas the winner is called national champion.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Latest posts