Anthony Lynn

White Flash

Jan 22, 2018
not mad they're looking at the league for candidates. didn't do horrible job in san diego. had some good years.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
I mentioned this lat week. The circle of influence with these types of decisions is small.
Yeah I doubt there will be any legit major leaks about who's going to get the job or those in talks. This is just pressure from outsiders that want to be apart of the process. But won't be allowed to involve themselves and think they know better.

Rob385

Sep 5, 2021
I heard from a friend of the peanut vendor at the Coli that Robinson wants a Trilogy. And he plans to have Keith Burns as his DC and Mike Riley as his OC!
In the words of Robo said by Petros…. “We’ll getcha here!!!”

• Haha
Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I doubt Bohn and co is letting a "booster" do his job for him on the side. More like a rogue USC alum listening to Cowherd.
I wouldn't describe the relationships that way. However, the major donors are part of the process, and yes, it wouldn't be out of the question for one, or more, of them to gauge interest. There are things like sports agents....they tend to know one another and other large business people in SoCal. Networking.

Donor money will be helping to pay the salary. Bohn doesn't get to dictate what they do or ignore their input.

USCSAE

Sep 14, 2019
View attachment 154571
A .500 coaching record. Was fired in his first HC job. He would be a complete crapshoot. I think there are more qualified coaches than this guy and Eric B.
Not saying I want him, but every NFL coach has a .500 record, it is a league of parity. Only those coaches that are never moving down to CFB have records better than .500. That is not a knock on an NFL coach, so I’m not sure why people say it so often.

Shrapper

Aug 30, 2021
What a joke. If this is even remotely true or legitimate, then the “wish list“ of candidates is a pipe dream, i.e., no UM, no LF and/or any prominent coach on that list that will ”lateral.”

Maybe we are deluding ourselves. I hope I’m wrong, but I do think we make this job more desirable than it really is. I would rather have JDR then Lynn and who knows, it may actually come down to that just because no one else wants to come.

Last edited:

AnArchitect

Sep 3, 2017
The ghost scratching its bony fingers against my window last night rasped out, amid the shrieks and moans for mercy, that it had heard from the spirit realm that a Booster had a seance in which they summoned Howard Jones, and if Keck can reanimate his long-dead corpse, he'd "die all over again for the job" (his words).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dallas Schwartz

Trojans2021

Jun 20, 2021
If you look deeper into the record, Its not all that bad. He went 9-7 then won 12 games. The next year Rivers was bad then had a rookie QB. Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 9.01.15 PM.png

yah20002

Aug 24, 2017
If you look deeper into the record, Its not all that bad. He went 9-7 then won 12 games. The next year Rivers was bad then had a rookie QB. View attachment 154581
Exactly. If people think a Tomlin, Reid, John Harbaugh, McVay, Saban, Dabo, type are leaving their successful gig, to come here, they‘re tripping off some high grade. The Anthony Lynn types are the guys you target. Had some success, as a NFL HC, and are currently an assistant or unemployed. You know, the 2001 CPC resume having types.

Abre_ham

Sep 2, 2021
Not a home run hire but I wouldn’t completely hate it. Dude was big on running the ball and did what he could with the chargers.

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
I had to look his name up. No idea who he is.

My Charger buddy said he makes a whole bunch of mistakes in crunch time….he can take any team to .500.
But he did say he was sorry he was fired last year, cuz it should have been two years before that.

FWIW, I know he lost a ton of games by one score in 2019…..very often in the last 2 minutes.

Probably a decent coach….but very mellow….not so confident he would sway recruits with the gift of gab, like a Herm Edwards.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Shrapper

Aug 30, 2021
If the Jim Trotter tweet is accurate (that Lynn is interested in talking to USC), that bodes well that there is widespread interest among coaches in the job.

Conversely, why would USC even show interest unless there were rebuffs from the most desirable and obvious candidates.

1. It’s either true and USC is desperate.
2. It’s not true and Lynn’s agent leaked this because he’s desperate.

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
What a joke. If this is even remotely true or legitimate, then the “wish list“ of candidates is a pipe dream, i.e., no UM, no LF and/or any prominent coach on that list that will ”lateral.”

Maybe we are deluding ourselves. I hope I’m wrong, but I do think we make this job more desirable than it really is. I would rather have JDR then Lynn and who knows, it may actually come down to that just because no one else wants to come.
It's a "booster" that can be anyone or anything.

Conversely, why would USC even show interest unless there were rebuffs from the most desirable and obvious candidates.

1. It’s either true and USC is desperate.
2. It’s not true and Lynn’s agent leaked this because he’s desperate.
More like lynn wants a job and his agent talked to a USC booster. Or it's just his agent making noise.

Willlson!

Aug 24, 2017

This totally. There may be interest from the big names but it comes down to the big names wanting to be the highest paid coach in football and I don't think SC is willing to open the wallet that far.

I think the next HC will come from the triumvirate of JDR, Marvin Lewis or Lynn...

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
This totally. There may be interest from the big names but it comes down to the big names wanting to be the highest paid coach in football and I don't think SC is willing to open the wallet that far.

I think the next HC will come from the triumvirate of JDR, Marvin Lewis or Lynn...
If USC is willing to pay a 10 million buyout they are willing to pay a pretty penny for a good HC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodgarnay51

USCSAE

Sep 14, 2019
Not saying I want him, but every NFL coach has a .500 record, it is a league of parity. Only those coaches that are never moving down to CFB have records better than .500. That is not a knock on an NFL coach, so I’m not sure why people say it so often.
I will never reply to my own post again, but I’m kind of stunned that I got a like from Vball.
It really means a lot to me.
From afar, over the years, as a fellow athlete and alum, I have come to love and hate you. But you are certainly more sweet than bitter, so I’m humbled. And in my defense a bit tipsy:)

Latest posts