Anybody know when they’ll announce the first pitch times for next weekend?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’m toying with the idea of bringing my son to the opening weekend and the pig basketball game. I’ve been looking at the schedule for weeks and it’s still TBA. Any idea when they’ll announce the start times?

Last time my son attended the opener, we won the whole. damn. thing. So, please treat this matter with the utmost urgency!***

Reactions: Anon1697564126

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Bump. I dunno wtf happened here today, but curious is anybody knows the start times?

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Bump. I dunno wtf happened here today, but curious is anybody knows the start times?
Don't think they've been announced yet, but normally they will be adjusted due to either the threat of rain or low temps. Friday at the moment looks to have rain coming in around 6-7 pm, so I feel pretty sure they may move that start time back to 3 or 4 pm. Saturday shows steady rain ALL DAY LONG. So not sure how they work around that mess. Sunday shows cooler temps, but the rain stops in the early morning around 8-9 am. Since Saturday could be a total rainout, I could see them playing a DH on Sunday morning around 10 am. Will be a little cooler on Sunday but at least the rain will have stopped. Only other alternative would be a DH on Friday with two 7-inning games......or possibly the same on Sunday. Not a good start to the season for fans to plan around. Right now we're about 7 days out on the forecast. I think once we get into about 5 days of first pitch, we'll have a pretty solid forecast.

Last edited:
Reactions: eckie1

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Nothing like pissing off an already pissed off fan base. Not a good start, coach
I have no idea what to expect this year, but I do know that Lemonis hasn’t done much since last season to get fans excited. Parker was a big win, but the portal haul was very underwhelming.

Now, here we sit with no roster and no game times to make plans with. I’m sure there will be injuries, but Lemonis will be excessively shady about it.

He definitely hasn’t done anything to win back fan support, and he’s going to hear about it as soon as something goes wrong.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lemonis is defiantly on the clock!
All he has to do is win. That said, the lack of information on the baseball roster & schedule is nothing new. This sh*t has been routine from the athletic dept as long as I can remember. We’ve always done a terrible job at marketing & communicating to our fans.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Weather has already changed a lot since this post was first written. Look s like games will be able to be played on each weekend day. Friday will likely be moved back a couple hours to 4 pm since some light rain may start around 6 pm. Saturday looks cloudy all day and should be able to start sometime after the end of the basketball game.....probably 3 pm. Gonna be quite a bit chillier though. Sunday looks clear and sunny but also chillier than Saturday.....around 50 degrees max. Check your final weather on Tuesday as that will be locked in for making plans. Bring warm weather gear for Saturday and Sunday's games. BTW.....don't forget to pack the HUMP for barbequing the Hogs!

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Hell they haven't even announced a roster yet, why would they announce a starting time for the game before the players names?
Per a reliable source: We still need to trim a couple roster spots and they're deciding who to redshirt. :unsure: