Anyone around Waynesboro, Chambersburg, Gettysburg area......

Lioncrebs

Oct 25, 2021
Im in Waynesboro. Just looking to see if there's anyone local to Waynesboro to chat about high school, college wrestling and football.

Ernst

Nov 13, 2021
My girlfriend from high school was from Waynesboro. I went to a boarding school in Bucks County. Her father, Thomas McBride, was wealthy beyond belief. He had a helicopter pick him up for work and shuttle him up to the coal country.

Reactions: jbeldingk

Lioncrebs

Oct 25, 2021
My girlfriend from high school was from Waynesboro. I went to a boarding school in Bucks County. Her father, Thomas McBride, was wealthy beyond belief. He had a helicopter pick him up for work and shuttle him up to the coal country.
Oh yes, back in the day waynesboro was a wealthy little community. Im originally from Milton, Pa area, been in Waynesboro 10 yrs now.

Bboyer15

May 25, 2022
I'm from carlisle and went to big spring for high school so same division as Waynesboro.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I went to a boarding school in Bucks County.

hmm. The only current boarding schools I can think of in Bucks County are George School and Solebury School. There may have been more when you went to school. Did you board at one of the aforementioned, per chance?

jbeldingk

Oct 7, 2021
Waynesboro boy checking in. I live in Chambersburg now - big city move - but my folks are still in Waymesboro. I hit a few matches and football games every year. Where do you live @Lioncrebs ?

@Ernst was Lynn your high school girlfriend? Wonderful woman.

Ernst

Nov 13, 2021
George School started recruiting in basketball on the coattails of Westtown. With the crazy tuition costs it’s good exposure for the school.

Lioncrebs

Oct 25, 2021
Waynesboro boy checking in. I live in Chambersburg now - big city move - but my folks are still in Waymesboro. I hit a few matches and football games every year. Where do you live @Lioncrebs ?

@Ernst was Lynn your high school girlfriend? Wonderful woman.
Im in Waynesboro. Follow Chambersburg wrestling pretty closely. How bout you??

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
My niece is a senior at Mifflin. Got a softball scholly to Mt. Saint Marys in Emmittsburg, MD
Who is the SB coach at Mifflin? We moved out of the area in 2019. My folks lived a few blocks from the high school, near Shillington Park. If I forgot homework, I could run home between classes, plus my dad taught at Mifflin, while the earth was still cooling

• Haha
Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

jbeldingk

Oct 7, 2021
Im in Waynesboro. Follow Chambersburg wrestling pretty closely. How bout you??
Yeah, Chambersburg has done a great job building their program over the past 15 years or so. They were not good when I was in high school (graduated in '02). I'm still a little salty they snagged Shindledecker from Waynesboro a few years ago, but good on him and his family for making a move to put him in a great position to succeed. In any event, Chambersburg has a good squad again this year. I've known the father of their 189 lber since we were little guy wrestlers, so I follow him pretty closely.

Lioncrebs

Oct 25, 2021
Who is the SB coach at Mifflin? We moved out of the area in 2019. My folks lived a few blocks from the high school, near Shillington Park. If I forgot homework, I could run home between classes, plus my dad taught at Mifflin, while the earth was still cooling
Not sure, have to ask my sister. My sister coaches a travel team in the Mifflin area.

Lioncrebs

Oct 25, 2021
Yeah, Chambersburg has done a great job building their program over the past 15 years or so. They were not good when I was in high school (graduated in '02). I'm still a little salty they snagged Shindledecker from Waynesboro a few years ago, but good on him and his family for making a move to put him in a great position to succeed. In any event, Chambersburg has a good squad again this year. I've known the father of their 189 lber since we were little guy wrestlers, so I follow him pretty closely.
Yeah, they’ve had some good teams lately. I think they have a good coach, I like Mentzer, seems to be a good dude. Don’t know how long he stays after his son leaves this year. Yeah, the Hight boy at ‘89 is doin well, followed him last year. You going any post season tourneys? Sectional, District 3 Regional tourney? Watching PSU/Iowa match tonight?

Lioncrebs

Oct 25, 2021
Dave Connor is head Mifflin coach.

jbeldingk

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah, they’ve had some good teams lately. I think they have a good coach, I like Mentzer, seems to be a good dude. Don’t know how long he stays after his son leaves this year. Yeah, the Hight boy at ‘89 is doin well, followed him last year. You going any post season tourneys? Sectional, District 3 Regional tourney? Watching PSU/Iowa match tonight?
Mentzer has been great. I'm not sure if I'll go to any post-season tourneys this year - I don't know the kids like I did when I coached football and helped out with the heavyweights, so I'll probably just check the results. I'll let you know if I do though. And absolutely, went up with my dad and uncle last night who were also Waynesboro wrestlers; great time!

Lioncrebs

Oct 25, 2021
Mentzer has been great. I'm not sure if I'll go to any post-season tourneys this year - I don't know the kids like I did when I coached football and helped out with the heavyweights, so I'll probably just check the results. I'll let you know if I do though. And absolutely, went up with my dad and uncle last night who were also Waynesboro wrestlers; great time!
Cool. Awesome match. You guys have season tickets? Yeah, let me know if ya attend any post season events and I’ll introduce myself.