As program overhaul, please include replacing Arblowsgast

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
SMH. IMO, he's supposed to be biased. After all, he's "the voice of the Trojans", not fCLA, ND or even of college football.

If you want a steady dose of the other, listen to Papadorkos. He'll be more than happy to tell you (his skewed opinion of) how terrible USC is.

Michael Rainey Jr Yes GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Listened to part of the game yesterday. Guy is the epitome of the the USC fan still stuck in the 60s/70s. Time to send him into retirement and find something new.
I’d love it if they gave Jordan Moore a chance. He’s great on the basketball games.

Reactions: Pooh Bah

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Listened to part of the game yesterday. Guy is the epitome of the the USC fan still stuck in the 60s/70s. Time to send him into retirement and find something new.
He's better than Beth Mowins and her bad Marv Albert impression she does all game. I believe he claimed he didn't get paid that well for the gig anyways.

Last edited:

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
Hard to announce a shnitzshow which is what this season has turned into.
Chick Hearn was the best of telling it like it is when the Lakers tanked.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

mrsocal

Dec 8, 2017
You could have said that about Bartner 20 years ago.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
Chick Hearn, if I even slightly recall it right, did game broadcasting for USC Trojans in 1972, when our first game was at Arkansas, and his color man, commenting on one of the Hawg players, named, I believe Dusty Rhodes, and asked Hearn laughingly if he heard of any other Arkansas feature, besides "dusty" that more perfectly described the actual roads of that actual state, and Hearn instantly quipped hilariously... "back!" WHAT amazing and biting wit that man had. Shades of the great John McKay himself. I rolled over in uncontrollable laughter when I heard that one. Don't think the Hawg fans would have appreciated the remark, however, but then THEY weren't listening, were they?

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Chick Hearn, if I even slightly recall it right, did game broadcasting for USC Trojans in 1972, when our first game was at Arkansas, and his color man, commenting on one of the Hawg players, named, I believe Dusty Rhodes, and asked Hearn laughingly if he heard of any other Arkansas feature, besides "dusty" that more perfectly described the actual roads of that actual state, and Hearn instantly quipped hilariously... "back!" WHAT amazing and biting wit that man had. Shades of the great John McKay himself. I rolled over in uncontrollable laughter when I heard that one. Don't think the Hawg fans would have appreciated the remark, however, but then THEY weren't listening, were they?
And when we lost, the headline in the Times read Trojans Dream of National Championship Pure Hogwash

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
Arbo is okay. My only pet peeve is he skips on information about what's going on in the game. Like not saying touchdown when there's touchdown or not saying first down when there's a first down or talking over kickoffs or punts. It's rather annoying. Other than that I am an Arbo fan. Good guy, great voice, and loves USC.

Reactions: SDTroy

uscvoice

Aug 24, 2017
Arbo is okay. My only pet peeve is he skips on information about what's going on in the game. Like not saying touchdown when there's touchdown or not saying first down when there's a first down or talking over kickoffs or punts. It's rather annoying. Other than that I am an Arbo fan. Good guy, great voice, and loves USC.
i shall endeavor to correct these things. thanks for the heads up, and the support from above! I plan, if they let me, to run through 2030, then sail off to baja. and yes, I'm a trojan fan and supporter, but I think i give you a factual, hopefully interesting accounting of the game at hand.

GLYCERINE

Aug 24, 2017
i shall endeavor to correct these things. thanks for the heads up, and the support from above! I plan, if they let me, to run through 2030, then sail off to baja. and yes, I'm a trojan fan and supporter, but I think i give you a factual, hopefully interesting accounting of the game at hand.
Arbo, you are a legend. You are part of the tradition USC fans can be proud of. You and JJ are a pleasure to listen to.

usc1mba

Aug 24, 2017
Pete Arbogast is a fantastic radio announcer for USC Football and is part of the real Trojan tradition. In my book, he’s earned the right to do this for as long as he would like.

By the way, I’ve also learned from stories about him in the LA times over the last few years that he is a fantastic human being as well. If you don’t know what I am talking about do some research.

He is a class act all the way. We’re lucky to have him.

”How do you do?”

Fight On Trojans and BEAT the mild cats!

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
OP is out of his mind. I am not the only one here who sometimes turns off the TV audio and listens to the radio.

I do that a lot less these days though. Getting the game and the radio audio to sink up is rough and when the product on the screen is awful, it is hard to get up the enthusiasm to go thru the effort

Reactions: SDTroy and Pudly76

Cardinalblood

Aug 24, 2017
Sorry, but I take great offense to this. If you ever met Pete, spoke to him, or saw the insane amount of preparation and analysis he does before games, you would NEVER say what you just said! Pete is a great guy and a great Trojan!

Peete2Affholter

Aug 24, 2017
I like Arbogast. It's nice to hear an announcer who is also rooting for the same team you are, considering that practically every TV announcer for a USC game is a closet Bruin or at least a USC hater, and their commentary is quite biased against USC.

Reactions: SDTroy and Pudly76

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
You’re correct sir. Duly noted. I’m slipping big time. That never would have got past me five years ago.
Hey, far too easy a mistake for ANYBODY to have made. A long, long time ago. Big deal, mom ami. I have MANY, far too many, such moments myself as I am obviously getting, well, a tad long in the tooth. Or like Keith Jackson said about his retirement -- "I was just getting to be too old a goat." But for old goats like me, it is obviously far easier to just be a fan than an announcer, lol!

BUT -- how long I can even stay a fan of this garbage that now passes for USC football, Lord only knows. I am getting SERIOUSLY apathetic and thinking of like checking out or something, hard as that might be to actually do. But WHAT is there left to root for? And, furthermore, why ANYONE takes all the trouble and STILL treks down to the Coli these days I cannot even imagine. Arizona is homecoming, right? Yikes!

Last edited:

Latest posts