Baseball Thoughts

Islandbird

Jan 31, 2022
Very little discipline at the plate.
Too many walks.
We're not playing Longwood this series.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Started last season hot and went cold - maybe doing the opposite this season.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I see what you guys are saying, but pitching was not stellar last night! We're still trying to find our way, and for now I still have hope. Now, in the next three weekends if we haven't won an SEC series hope will turn to dispair!

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Getting kinda old seeing guys light it up at the plate as freshmen or first year players only to have that first year be their best. SMH

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
Glad to see we could manage a win today. Becker had a good outing. I was figuring a 3-3 conference start at beginning of year. Maybe we can get 2-4.

Reactions: Blues man

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I see what you guys are saying, but pitching was not stellar last night! We're still trying to find our way, and for now I still have hope. Now, in the next three weekends if we haven't won an SEC series hope will turn to dispair!
This is a reasonable opinion.

Reactions: Cackmandu

Islandbird

Jan 31, 2022
Glad to see we could manage a win today. Becker had a good outing. I was figuring a 3-3 conference start at beginning of year. Maybe we can get 2-4.
Becker had a very good outing - he's extremely tough on lefties. At least in early conference weekend series, winning one on the road and two at home, is a reasonable expectation.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
This team doesn't seem to have the ''find a way to win attitude'' that our championship teams had in the past and I lay that in the lap of Kingston and his mechanical coaching approach. I know we had some special players back then but recruiting the right players is a major part of the job.

Islandbird

Jan 31, 2022
The team needs a chance to find it's way. If they're still struggling after 3-4 SEC weekends, it's time to worry. In 2012, we played in the championship game in Omaha. They lost the first two SEC series. Swept by Kentucky and lost two out of three to Florida. It's about finishing the season with wins and momentum.

Reactions: atl-cock

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
Pitching, which Kingston spun as a team strength, is bad. He has to find some effective arms, fast.

Hitting is blah. We've got guys that won't swing unless it's a homerun swing, and other guys that just aren't SEC level batsmen.

Fielding is okay, maybe even good. If LeCroy doesn't spaz-out at third, everyone else seems to hold their own.

My expectations for this year are low. I predict no post-season play, but I hope I am wrong.

Could get better. If Kingston wants to show he deserves another year, now is the time.

Islandbird

Jan 31, 2022
Pitching, which Kingston spun as a team strength, is bad. He has to find some effective arms, fast.

Hitting is blah. We've got guys that won't swing unless it's a homerun swing, and other guys that just aren't SEC level batsmen.

Fielding is okay, maybe even good. If LeCroy doesn't spaz-out at third, everyone else seems to hold their own.

My expectations for this year are low. I predict no post-season play, but I hope I am wrong.

Could get better. If Kingston wants to show he deserves another year, now is the time.
Good analysis - I don't know where pitching will come from. Pitching can sometimes develop over a season. The closer is looking pretty good, but you've got to get to him. You're dead on about hitting. They need to concentrate on hitting for average and show some discipline at the plate. It's often homerun or bust. Some horrible swings with a 0-0 count (like a pitch in the dirt) and an awful lot of swings at high balls that they'll never catch up to.

Reactions: Bubba Fett