Better or worse? Pat MacAfee joining ESPIN GameDay....

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
not sure if anyone else (Corso, Howard) will drop off....

BTW - this guy has a 4 year, $120MM contract with FanDuel?
Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
not sure if anyone else (Corso, Howard) will drop off....

BTW - this guy has a 4 year, $120MM contract with FanDuel?
Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

McAfee is a funny guy, but getting a rep as 'The Joe Rogan of Sports' - I don't have any reason to watch GameDay so don't care much either way; it's long overdue for a refresh and maybe this will help. Clay Travis seems to like the move, so it's probably bad ;).

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
McAfee is a funny guy, but getting a rep as 'The Joe Rogan of Sports' - I don't have any reason to watch GameDay so don't care much either way; it's long overdue for a refresh and maybe this will help. Clay Travis seems to like the move, so it's probably bad ;).

Imagine how clay travis would react if Todd Blackledge joined gameday.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Pat has been a color commentary guy for WWE the past 2 years or so. He's entertaining but he'll definitely be the loud obnoxious one at times.

Coming off a live WWE show every Fri night to be on location with Game Day by morning sounds like a logistical nightmare though.

Auxgym

Oct 13, 2021
Pat has been a color commentary guy for WWE the past 2 years or so. He's entertaining but he'll definitely be the loud obnoxious one at times.

Coming off a live WWE show every Fri night to be on location with Game Day by morning sounds like a logistical nightmare though.
Well......anyone smart enough to give us the inside scoop of what's going on in the WWE should certainly be well qualified to keep us up to date on NCAA Football.....

Reactions: EPC FAN and LionJim

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I dropped off of that show about 12 years ago. It’s just unwatchable. Or at least it was by time I stopped watching. I assume it’s gotten worse.

But espn loves us. Not as much as btn, of course, but they do love us.

PSUAlum

Oct 7, 2021

WWE has giving him permission to do this and miss Smackdown shows.

Reactions: VaDave4PSU

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
This news, for me, is equivalent to hearing that ed sherran will be on the new taylor swift album, or that a squirrel farted in the woods.
ESPIN is looking for a spark since B1G is leaving the network and it appears Rush Limbaugh isn't available for a second go around. Can't speak a word when you're full of ludes...

• Love
Reactions: ODShowtime

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
ESPIN is looking for a spark since B1G is leaving the network and it appears Rush Limbaugh isn't available for a second go around. Can't speak a word when you're full of ludes...

Of course they eradicated a cool drug like quaaludes. So sad I missed all of that.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU12046 and PSUJam

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I honestly have never heard of Pat McAfee, and didn’t even recognize his name. I do like ESPN gameday. I also appreciate a little edgyness, if that’s what this guy will bring.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I honestly have never heard of Pat McAfee, and didn’t even recognize his name. I do like ESPN gameday. I also appreciate a little edgyness, if that’s what this guy will bring.

McAfee is a Yinzer with the gift of gab. This is one of his all time classic stories; about the time he avoided certain death at the hands of Troy Polamalu....(NSFW - Language):

Stephen Light

Nov 22, 2021
Desmond “Marshmallow Mouth” Howard must be the luckiest man alive. Falling into the clover of College Gameday despite having zero announcing or commentary ability. At least Pat MacAfee has the Redneck Bro character to peddle. Not a big fan, but you can see how he gets an audience.

ANY change to the now unwatchable Gameday is probably progress. Though one of the big perks of the BigTen contract with Fox/etc. is that I can avoid Gameday!

WDLion

Oct 12, 2021
That makes two of us. Don't listen to talking heads, political or sports.

Reactions: Got GSPs