Big Ten wrestling tournament preview: Breaking down the Penn State outlook at 125-157 pounds

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
I think Davis finishes in the top 2. His loss to Ayala was all based on that one early mistake he made in the 1st Period where Ayala caught him with a slide by. Kasak could finish top 2 as well and even win it all. Didn’t he take Lovett to SV? Gomez has no gas tank and Kasak’s is pretty solid. I think he beats Rathjen away from CHA. So I’ll go with him in the top 2 as well

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I think Davis finishes in the top 2. His loss to Ayala was all based on that one early mistake he made in the 1st Period where Ayala caught him with a slide by. Kasak could finish top 2 as well and even win it all. Didn’t he take Lovett to SV? Gomez has no gas tank and Kasak’s is pretty solid. I think he beats Rathjen away from CHA. So I’ll go with him in the top 2 as well
Lovett beat Kasak 7-3. He took Rathjen to sudden victory and lost 11-8.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Thanks Greg. I couldn’t remember exactly and didn’t have time to look it up.
No worries! Can Kasak keep it closer with Lovett this time should they meet? Possibly. Just think Lovett is really freaking good. But Kasak obviously has plenty of potential. So, we shall see.

Reactions: JBott

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
No worries! Can Kasak keep it closer with Lovett this time should they meet? Possibly. Just think Lovett is really freaking good. But Kasak obviously has plenty of potential. So, we shall see.

I think Kasak is a future national title contender and he’s having a heck of a true freshman campaign but I think he’s a future 141lber after this season. He could certainly make a nice run this year, especially in the B1G tournament.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I think Kasak is a future national title contender and he’s having a heck of a true freshman campaign but I think he’s a future 141lber after this season. He could certainly make a nice run this year, especially in the B1G tournament.
I agree with that thought process.

Reactions: LB99 and cb1994

JBott

Nov 1, 2021
I love Kasak's upside, but Lovett will be tough to beat at this stage of Kasak's career. But anything is possible.........................

Reactions: GregPickel

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Prediction time:

Davis - 4th

Nagao - 3rd

Bartlett - 1st

Kasak - 3rd

Haines - 1st

That's kind of what the KYPSW competition is for -- predictions.

Some of the weight classes are pretty easy (to me) to predict for the PSU wrestlers. I'm still going back-and-forth for PSU at 125, 133, 149, and a little bit at 184.

Latest posts