Bragging on my sister’s boy, 2 Golds at the Pan American Games, Archery

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I expect Jack to be an Olympian next year. I can’t say I know him well, as he grew up in Phoenix. I do remember TSA stopping him from boarding with a plastic sword when he was like five. Anyway, seeing him succeed does bring a spring to my step.

Meteor-Lion

Sep 21, 2022
I expect Jack to be an Olympian next year. I can’t say I know him well, as he grew up in Phoenix. I do remember TSA stopping him from boarding with a plastic sword when he was like five. Anyway, seeing him succeed does bring a spring to my step.

Congratulations to him and his family - an outstanding accomplishment.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021

Congratulations, that’s quite an achievement, but have you ever had him shoot an apple off your head?

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Key And Peele Nfl GIF

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021

Congrats. What an honor to not only represent our nation in a hemisphere competition against world class archers, but to win two gold medals. Outstanding!

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Thanks for linking the article Jim. I learned a few things and wish your nephew continued success.

• Love
Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for linking the article Jim. I learned a few things and wish your nephew continued success.
I learned a few things too. I’m notoriously slow on the uptake in regards to family chatter so it was nice to get a fuller story. My sister and BIL are so incredibly proud of him, I’ve learned to just sit back and let them gush. They were there watching him win his two golds, how awesome is that?

I said I expect Jack to make the 2024 Olympics, I have to admit that this is still very much up in the air, as the article states. Well, we’ll see; it’s already been an incredible ride.

Reactions: Tgar

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for your support and enthusiasm. Jackson faded at the end, and won’t be going to Paris. There will be other opportunities, other challenges. I’m sure I don’t need to paint a picture about how everyone is feeling.

My sister has told me that Brady is an excellent person and a great mentor to Jackson. All respect to him, five Olympic Games. Wow. Such strength of mind and will. I really dig that.

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It appears that Jackson's current world ranking is 19. He only moved into the top 100 a year ago. That's a remarkable charge, though it must be frustrating that he fell short of the US Olympic team.

Hopefully, he'll stay with the sport for at least 4 more years, and perhaps more.

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
My sister's son is like 99th percentile gifted in one or two areas and high in the rest. Not really shocking but no wonder he seems to be condescending to me a bit and he's only like 8.

Winning gold medals in archery is cooler.

Reactions: LionJim

Latest posts