Camden Crooks

COWBOYintheUK

All-American
Sep 15, 2001
121,990
8,441
0
My doctor is in Cushing and I had an appointment with him today, we usually spend the appointments talking OSU football but I had seen Crooks had signed with you guys so I asked about him...he said Crooks is a beast, almost impossible to tackle. Will be a 4 time state 300 m hurdles champion and runs a legit 4.4 . He also returns punts and kicks. Said he is also great kid. My doctors son was a walkon QB at Tulsa several years ago, but had to give up football after suffering a couple concussions, and he said Crooks is the perfect type of kid for Tulsa, he should play as a freshman.
 

Bill Lowery_1

All-American
Sep 29, 2001
8,068
8,159
0
My doctor is in Cushing and I had an appointment with him today, we usually spend the appointments talking OSU football but I had seen Crooks had signed with you guys so I asked about him...he said Crooks is a beast, almost impossible to tackle. Will be a 4 time state 300 m hurdles champion and runs a legit 4.4 . He also returns punts and kicks. Said he is also great kid. My doctors son was a walkon QB at Tulsa several years ago, but had to give up football after suffering a couple concussions, and he said Crooks is the perfect type of kid for Tulsa, he should play as a freshman.
Thank you for the info. We love when you post.
 
  • Like
Reactions: quincy101

Gmoney4WW

Heisman
Jul 4, 2007
43,134
15,886
113
My doctor is in Cushing and I had an appointment with him today, we usually spend the appointments talking OSU football but I had seen Crooks had signed with you guys so I asked about him...he said Crooks is a beast, almost impossible to tackle. Will be a 4 time state 300 m hurdles champion and runs a legit 4.4 . He also returns punts and kicks. Said he is also great kid. My doctors son was a walkon QB at Tulsa several years ago, but had to give up football after suffering a couple concussions, and he said Crooks is the perfect type of kid for Tulsa, he should play as a freshman.
Kicks as a punter? Cuz we lost our punter to California, and don't seem to have replaced him yet.
 

quincy101

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2007
1,967
1,213
113
asked about him...he said Crooks is a beast, almost impossible to tackle. Will be a 4 time state 300 m hurdles champion and runs a legit 4.4 . He also returns punts and kicks
Thankfully, this kid is likely done with hurdles in HS (I think). Hope he is one of those who got to enroll last month. A spring camp in the bag & he just might play in the fall.
 
Last edited:

OKTornadoes

Junior
Sep 18, 2022
283
267
0
Indeed he is a beast. I remember Cushing vs. Tuttle 2021. The away section started chanting "overrated" at Cam after a blown up play. He shut them up, but we couldn't get anything going to clinch the game. It is going to forever sting that fate showed up on the Tigers' doorstep against a Wagoner team we dismantled to their own surprise during the regular season. Nobody assumed the championship was a sure thing, but these guys were different. I drew a lot of parallels between Cushing vs. Wagoner during the 4A title game and TU vs. OSU is 2021. Both are going to sting having watched some things happen that the players had no say over end up deciding the game.
 
Last edited:

OKTornadoes

Junior
Sep 18, 2022
283
267
0
Thankfully, this kid is likely done with hurdles in HS (I think). Hope he is one of those who got to enroll last month. A spring camp in the bag & he just might play in the fall.
He just wrapped up his Sr. basketball season.
 

Henry Kendall

Heisman
Dec 3, 2003
9,105
10,003
43
Don’t know if this is fair or proper since one is offense and one is defense, but I compare Crooks as a recruit to Heim, that we lost out to OU. It will be interesting to see which one is a bigger contributor throughout his career. I’m betting on Crooks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OKTornadoes
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa falls 45-44 to North Texas in overtime heartbreaker
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tre Lamb calls North Texas RB Jaheim White 'The best back we've played'
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa quarterback Baylor Hayes 50-50 for North Texas game