Can Someone Please Tell Clifford....

cavic

Oct 25, 2021
he's falling backwards and off his back foot? Can't coaches see that or is that what they teach?
It's been a problem throughout his career. But I actually didn't notice it much last night (or even in the last few weeks) but for plays where pressure forced him out of his throwing rhythm

Oct 12, 2021
And how about also telling him to just run the play that's been called. The annoying run up to the line and change it then hurry to get off a play that goes no where is getting old
Most of the plays he changed to actually worked last night. You want your QBs to be able to read the defense they are seeing.

Unfortunately on the fumble return for TD, he switched to the right play but was looking at the wrong receiver. He was looking left Washington was wide open in the right slot.

Reactions: MacNit
Oct 12, 2021
he's falling backwards and off his back foot? Can't coaches see that or is that what they teach?
He's done it a lot less this year. Last night, however, under pressure it showed up several times. It was most noticeable on the underthrow to Dotson that resulted in the INT that led to the FG that made it 30-24. Ill-advised throw.

Reactions: FG Dreadnought

PSUAlum

Oct 7, 2021
Yurcich has been on him about back foot all season. Clifford has been better but occasionally he reverts back to not stepping into his throw. Herbie even commented on it. One play he threw off back foot resulting in a bad throw and the next play he stepped into the throw with a OSU player in his face and delivered a good throw. He needs to be consistent.

Zone-Blitz

Oct 29, 2021
After PSU scored to go up 7-3 Clifford did the shush the crowd gesture, I thought c’mon man, you’re a fifth year senior and you’ve got a hell of a long way to go to win this game, and you’re doing that now? Immaturity that probably shows up in other areas of the program too

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
After PSU scored to go up 7-3 Clifford did the shush the crowd gesture, I thought c’mon man, you’re a fifth year senior and you’ve got a hell of a long way to go to win this game, and you’re doing that now? Immaturity that probably shows up in other areas of the program too

Yeah saw that too, a little premature. We have a few other players that talk and posture too much (especially our two starting corners). Just shut up play ball and do your talking after the game is over.

SoonerLion

Oct 30, 2021
Yeah saw that too, a little premature. We have a few other players that talk and posture too much (especially our two starting corners). Just shut up play ball and do your talking after the game is over.
This is part of the culture problem. A team takes on the culture of the leader.

Reactions: PSUHammering1

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
And how about also telling him to just run the play that's been called. The annoying run up to the line and change it then hurry to get off a play that goes no where is getting old
It's not only annoying but 3 important things that are occurring. We have had to waste at least 5 timeouts, by my count, trying to settle on the right play. Also some players can't remember how to lineup when he changes the play and 3rd, it takes the offense out of rhythm.

Reactions: GregPSU

Texas Lion

Oct 29, 2021
MY can't see it! JK, JK do you listen to the announcers? Herbie said they have been working on that since MY got to campus. You do remember the 2nd half vs Iowa right? Is Cliff perfect? No.....but he is perfect enough for me this year and hopefully next.

Oct 27, 2021
Clifford has been mediocre since he took over the QB position. He will fall into that average QB category for PSU. He is very inconsistent and has not done much to make positive changes to fix he weaknesses. The entire offense looks confused at times, particularly when Clifford is adjusting plays. I imagine they are getting those calls from the sidelines, but sometimes less is better. If we have a current QB on the roster that Yurcich believes is the "futrue," I would suggest getting that particular player valuable game reps for the remaining of the season.