Can we get Tank Mitchell

lion1983

All-Conference
Apr 24, 2024
1,281
2,563
113
Couldn't even start for a similarly bad Minnesota team ... fine as a reserve, I guess ... solid rebounder, efficient at the rim (only shoots at the rim), only 6'8" (though a decent to solid post defender (not a rim protector).

FYI, I still hope RU is able to retain Sommerville (we'll know more in the next few days) - I have no idea why people are so fixated on his awful defense this past season (and it was generally awful) - defense CAN be improved, especially by young players, and more especially by young post defenders. You can't teach his offensive skill set, however. I still have hopes Sommerville could develop into a Malik Reneau/Rene Kaufman-Renn type player (undersized Big 10 center with very good offensive skills who could average 12-14 ppg).
 

RU89

All-Conference
Oct 30, 2001
2,327
1,577
113
Couldn't even start for a similarly bad Minnesota team ... fine as a reserve, I guess ... solid rebounder, efficient at the rim (only shoots at the rim), only 6'8" (though a decent to solid post defender (not a rim protector).

FYI, I still hope RU is able to retain Sommerville (we'll know more in the next few days) - I have no idea why people are so fixated on his awful defense this past season (and it was generally awful) - defense CAN be improved, especially by young players, and more especially by young post defenders. You can't teach his offensive skill set, however. I still have hopes Sommerville could develop into a Malik Reneau/Rene Kaufman-Renn type player (undersized Big 10 center with very good offensive skills who could average 12-14 ppg).
Totally agree with this and he is one of the best free throw shooting centers in the nation.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game
  2. 02 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  3. 03 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4
  4. 04 The Knight Report Anthony Knox wants Iowa at Jersey Mike's Arena
  5. 05 The Knight Report Projected Rutgers Football depth chart versus Indiana