Can we still lay claim to “All-Knowing Board”?

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I peek in on our former home once in a while, and it appears to be going strong. Some of the better posters there apparently have not set up accounts here. Maybe they hate us.

Can we legitimately claim this to be the ALL.-KNOWING. BOARD. o_O ?

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
I'm also still checking in there periodically, Bob, but my guess is that most of them will move over here sooner or later.

I'm still trying to figure out how to put up an avatar photo here.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I peek in on our former home once in a while, and it appears to be going strong. Some of the better posters there apparently have not set up accounts here. Maybe they hate us.

PSURO is the first to use AKB as far as I know and he's still there, but it's public domain now AFAIC.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'm still trying to figure out how to put up an avatar photo here.

instructions are for doing it from your computer:

1. on the right of the menu bar, click on the round icon with an L in it (from the far right, the Search icon (magnifying bar), the Alert icon (bell), the Conversation icon (envelope), then the round icon I referenced)
2. in the menu that should appear below the icon after you click on it, select Settings
3. at the bottom of the Settings menu that appears, there is a button labeled Upload. You click on that, and then upload your avatar photo

OptionBob

Oct 12, 2021

1. on the right of the menu bar, click on the round icon with an L in it (from the far right, the Search icon (magnifying bar), the Alert icon (bell), the Conversation icon (envelope), then the round icon I referenced)
2. in the menu that should appear below the icon after you click on it, select Settings
3. at the bottom of the Settings menu that appears, there is a button labeled Upload. You click on that, and then upload your avatar photo
Thanks for posting those instructions.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021

Long live the A K B!

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021

The term “all knowing board” does not make claims of more knowledge than other boards, It indicates omniscience. Maybe both boards are all knowing now?

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021

My wife and I have done it a lot of ways but never from the computer. How does that work exactly? :D Oh, and my wife says we are asking for a friend.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
My wife and I have done it a lot of ways but never from the computer. How does that work exactly? :D

The two of you have been doing it for so many years (and so frequently), that I figured the two of you were masters at doing it from the computer. ;)

And so there is no misunderstanding, I hold Mrs. Gambit in the highest esteem.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
The two of you have been doing it every so many years (and so infrequently), that I figured the two of you were masters at watching others doing it on the computer. ;)

And so there is no misunderstanding, I hold Mrs. Gambit in the highest esteem.
I fixed the first part for you. As for the rest, Mrs. Gambit thanks you, as do I. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021

Better posters? There are better posters?

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I'll take your word on the 1st claim. The 2nd claim I doubt.
Yeah, you can probably find someone who can beat me on rap lyrics. But anything related to Gilbert and Sullivan, the Gershwin brothers, the Beatles, or Mott the Hoople, you want me on your team. I’m not kidding. (Don’t ask how. Basic story is that I’ll read anything and closed captioning didn’t come into being until 1981.)

Last edited:

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Yeah, you can probably find someone who can beat me on rap lyrics. But anything related to Gilbert and Sullivan, the Gershwin brothers, the Beatles, or Mott the Hoople, you want me on your team. I’m not kidding. (Don’t ask how. Basic story is that I’ll read anything and closed captioning didn’t come into being until 1981.)

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021

Thanks, Tom.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
1. You lived in Germany? Sprechen sie Deutsch?

2. There are scads of Irish pubs in Deutschland? Who knew?!

Ja, Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch. ;)

And there are a lot of Irish/English pubs in college towns/tourist areas/towns near military bases. In Heidelberg, where I lived, there were three I was fond of: Napper Tandy's, Jack The Ripper's, and Sean Og's. After doing tequila shots with the Persian waitresses at the bootleg 'Hard Rock Cafe' on the Hauptstrasse, we would inevitably end up at one of the Irish pubs to finish out the night (most of the bartenders were students from the UK so that helped a bunch). We would do lock-ins too at some places where we would all pitch in 20-30 Euro and just drink what we wanted until daybreak. Fun times. Oh - and they always had trivia nights during the week.

Reactions: LionJim

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
Ja, Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch. ;)

And there are a lot of Irish/English pubs in college towns/tourist areas/towns near military bases. In Heidelberg, where I lived, there were three I was fond of: Napper Tandy's, Jack The Ripper's, and Sean Og's. After doing tequila shots with the Persian waitresses at the bootleg 'Hard Rock Cafe' on the Hauptstrasse, we would inevitably end up at one of the Irish pubs to finish out the night (most of the bartenders were students from the UK so that helped a bunch). We would do lock-ins too at some places where we would all pitch in 20-30 Euro and just drink what we wanted until daybreak. Fun times. Oh - and they always had trivia nights during the week.
LOL, I think you deserve a secondary posting handle: Dieter. (“Touch my monkey! Love my monkey!”)

My next door neighbor's kid was working for Webex and living in the decidedly bucolic Sacramento suburb of Roseville. (Think Applebees, Olive Garden, and girls with big hair.) His employer decided to transfer him to Amsterdam. In relatively quick succession, he met and married a very nice German gal, bought an apartment on one of Amsterdam's canals, bought a boat to traverse that city's canals, had a son, and started taking weekend trips to well known European locales like Torino and Paris. And reporting back to us about it. After one memorable report concerning a weekend ski trip to Gstaad, my neighbor commenced to jokingly refer to his son and daughter-in-law as "cynical, white Eurotrash." Your posts about your European travels frequently make me think of this kid. :cool:

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021

When you don't use tongs to pick up scones it speaks volumes about them....

Reactions: BobPSU92