Can't take Vitale anymore

knight82

All-American
Nov 4, 2002
8,597
9,315
113
Was watching the VCU-Duke game and had to turn it off before I got physically ill. Vitale was outdoing himself in fawning over Coach K. Declared him the greatest coach in any sport at any level. Why do I even bother watching Duke games when he does them?
 

Kbee3

Heisman
Aug 23, 2002
43,724
35,255
0
Was watching the VCU-Duke game and had to turn it off before I got physically ill. Vitale was outdoing himself in fawning over Coach K. Declared him the greatest coach in any sport at any level. Why do I even bother watching Duke games when he does them?

The guy is the #1 reason for the mute button.
I can't believe he still has this gig.
 

RUJMM78

Heisman
Jul 25, 2001
26,291
12,573
113
Was watching the VCU-Duke game and had to turn it off before I got physically ill. Vitale was outdoing himself in fawning over Coach K. Declared him the greatest coach in any sport at any level. Why do I even bother watching Duke games when he does them?
Duke is a program to be admired academically and on the court.Rutgers mens basketball program has been on a downward spiral for decades .Vitale is just a sportscaster fawning over excellence which happens at Kentucky ,Kansas and other perceived elite basketball programs.
 

Kbee3

Heisman
Aug 23, 2002
43,724
35,255
0
Duke is a program to be admired academically and on the court.Rutgers mens basketball program has been on a downward spiral for decades .Vitale is just a sportscaster fawning over excellence which happens at Kentucky ,Kansas and other perceived elite basketball programs.

There are lots of sportscasters....but Vitale is in a class by himself in terms of fawning.
And his shtick was old twenty years ago.
But he IS the guy that brought us Les Cason.
 

LC-88

All-Conference
Apr 24, 2010
7,160
2,795
0
Anymore??????

Welcome to the club, i joined at least 5 years ago.
LOL. 5 years ago? I joined in 1991.

I admire Duke's jobs for parents, and jewelry layaway programs.
 
Last edited:

NickKnight 1

All-Conference
Mar 22, 2003
8,778
2,052
0
I actually changed the game rather than listen to him. His act is so old. Reminds me of Phil Rizzuto doing Yankees games in the 70s - he's the reason I'm a Mets fan.
That 's the reason huh? too bad. Not a good reason to miss all those championships. Actually you deserve the Mets, good luck. :smiley: :baseball::basketball:
 

BoroKnight

All-Conference
Mar 13, 2010
11,091
2,093
0
Vitale was a key part of the early boom of college basketball on ESPN. That was more than THIRTY years ago. By the 90s, he was getting tiresome. Now he's a circus act, a parody of himself.

You want a guy who was a far worse recruiter but a far more solid color commentator? Look no further than Bob Wenzel. How he lasted nine years I still don't know, but he is pretty good on TV, doesn't try to be part of the show and his biggest flaw is there might be a few minutes in a row where he's kind of dull. But if the game is good, so is he. And yes, I'm surprised.

But obviously the Rutgers tie is not what made Vitale Vitale. Not our fault.
 

Mr_Twister

All-American
Apr 1, 2004
15,684
5,819
0
Has Dickie commented on the air about the latest Pitino scandal at Louisville? Dickie tweeted that Andre McGee &. Katina Powell should take lie detector tests. What about Pitino?
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Women's Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  2. 02 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
  4. 04 On3 Football Inside college football’s looming contract fight: Why player buyouts are about to take center stage
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game