Carol Folt

Hb4sc

Aug 24, 2017
Not totally related to USC football but if any of the members of this board got a chance to listen to Carol Folt on a USC broadcast Sunday evening they would have had an earful. The broadcasters of the show were shocked after what Carol had a chance to say prior to the game the previous night. After a few milliseconds talking about the game with the Beavers she went into a tirade about how USC is doing so much to keep the Coliseum and their campus clean and how much they are on board with the Green New Deal. If I hadn't heard it myself I wouldn't have believed how utterly WOKE she was. The broadcasters themselves we're highly critical of the way she came across and where her priorities are.

Jpltrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Not totally related to USC football but if any of the members of this board got a chance to listen to Carol Folt on a USC broadcast Sunday evening they would have had an earful. The broadcasters of the show were shocked after what Carol had a chance to say prior to the game the previous night. After a few milliseconds talking about the game with the Beavers she went into a tirade about how USC is doing so much to keep the Coliseum and their campus clean and how much they are on board with the Green New Deal. If I hadn't heard it myself I wouldn't have believed how utterly WOKE she was. The broadcasters themselves we're highly critical of the way she came across and where her priorities are.
Exactly why she was hired.

Jpltrojan

Aug 24, 2017
I’m not at all convinced she cares one twit about USC, except to the extent she can effectively influence USC to adopt her own personal values and priorities.

How did she ever get the appointment? Did the BOT get what they bargained for? Maybe.
We have to presume she is exactly what they bought. Considering who’s making the decisions on Federal research dollars she’s probably exactly what’s needed…unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: shane2020

redondob

Aug 24, 2017
She has been a disaster on so many levels well beyond football. She was hired by Rick Caruso personally as part of his political ambitions. I have been told that he refused to tell the BOT who the other finalists were. He claimed it was a privacy issue.
Think about every decision at USC and you will see how it fits.

Lady4SC

Aug 15, 2018
No surprise here.

• Sad
Reactions: shane2020

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
I thought she was resigning?

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
And exactly why does she need to go? She didn't display the proper fealty to USC football? That's Bohn's job to take care of it. Helton has been fired. She has other fires to put out started by previous administrations. This Folt hate is misdirected and over-the-top!
USC has a football history and tradition that only a small handful of schools in the country can compare to. USC needs to be back among the elite football schools. I understand that Folt has other issues to attend to also, but the football team needs to be a priority not only to Bohn, but to her as well.

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
USC has a football history and tradition that only a small handful of schools in the country can compare to. USC needs to be back among the elite football schools. I understand that Folt has other issues to attend to also, but the football team needs to be a priority not only to Bohn, but to her as well.
Okay. Helton has been fired and Bohn is starting the search. What more do you expect from her? Bohn is the Athletic director. To be honest, the only thing I expect from her or any president is to back the AD that they hired..or fire that AD if they don't do their jobs. Whether she ra-ra's USC Football makes no difference to me and it certainly shouldn't have any influence on whether she is kept as university president.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I thought she was resigning?
That seems to have been just a rumor. I'm trying to think of one reason why she would resign. What good reason would she have with a few years left and the ability to further cement her legacy?

As far as the Board is concerned, she has done her job. Unless there's some other huge scandal about to hit the news cycle for which she is primarily responsible for, what reason would she have to resign?

Jay4usc

Jan 10, 2018
That seems to have been just a rumor. I'm trying to think of one reason why she would resign. What good reason would she have with a few years left and the ability to further cement her legacy?

As far as the Board is concerned, she has done her job. Unless there's some other huge scandal about to hit the news cycle for which she is primarily responsible for, what reason would she have to resign?
I’ll give you a reason, Title IX for abusing a referee

CSC96

Apr 29, 2020
Mike Bohn can talk all he wants about how “our university and its leadership are committed to winning national championships and restoring USC football to glory“, but it’s just a lot of hollow talk. Carol Folt has been stonewalling football fan alumni going on three years now and aloof to their concerns. Her inaction as well as the example of this latest interview demonstrate that USC football is not a priority for her. And at USC, that’s unforgivable. USC is many things, but it always has been and always will be a football school.

Last edited:

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
Mike Bohn can talk all he wants about how “our university and its leadership are committed to winning national championships and restoring USC football to glory“, but it’s just a lot of hollow talk. Carol Folt has been stonewalling football fan alumni going on three years now and aloof to their concerns. Her inaction as well as the example of this latest interview demonstrate that USC football is not a priority for her. And at USC, that’s unforgivable. USC is many things, but it always has been and always will be a football school.
Was football a priority to the previous administrations that allowed Pat Haden to hire Drunk Sark, or the imbecile Helton...or have the imbecile's contract extended by Lynn Swann in early 2018? Where was the commitment to alumni and restoring USC football to glory then? And all that happened before Folt arrived in July 2019 (which incidentally makes it closer to just over 2 years on the job than 3 years). Again, Bohn has fired Helton and a search has commenced. And as I have said in previous threads, it seems you should direct your anger at the Hadens and Swanns who completely botched their jobs...or the past presidents who allowed all those other school scandals to rage out of control under their watch.

Arthur Jury

Oct 31, 2018
The liberal lady president was hired for the following reasons only: clean up USC scandals, mollify donors, make 'woke' PR programs, get rid of the deplorables, and keep the money rolling in, that is how she gets the name Carol "Not My" Folt. Duties do not include managing the university or caring about football and its supporters. Carol is a product of the direction of the Board of Trustees, blame them.

CSC96

Apr 29, 2020
Was football a priority to the previous administrations that allowed Pat Haden to hire Drunk Sark, or the imbecile Helton...or have the imbecile's contract extended by Lynn Swann in early 2018? Where was the commitment to alumni and restoring USC football to glory then? And all that happened before Folt arrived in July 2019 (which incidentally makes it closer to just over 2 years on the job than 3 years). Again, Bohn has fired Helton and a search has commenced. And as I have said in previous threads, it seems you should direct your anger at the Hadens and Swanns who completely botched their jobs...or the past presidents who allowed all those other school scandals to rage out of control under their watch.
2019, 2020, 2021 … why not fire Helton after 2020 instead of wasting 2021!? I’ve said plenty about Haden and Swann (and his BS 5-year contract extension) previously.

TheTrojanKnight

Aug 24, 2017
Not sure why you or they were surprised. Thought we've been talking about this for a while.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
This is a sobering, very important thread,and also very depressing. We all know what we are up against with the wicked witch of South Central and her firey broom rides hither and thither, setting up preposterously woke B.S agendas. Green New Deal is a TERRIBLE and terribly expensive non solution to ANYTHING. Only imbeciles cannot see through this nonsense.

Trojanopolis

Aug 24, 2017
2019, 2020, 2021 … why not fire Helton after 2020 instead of wasting 2021!? I’ve said plenty about Haden and Swann (and his BS 5-year contract extension) previously.
You are going on about why they didn't dismiss him after 2020. They may have had their reasons not to at the time...but he's fired now! So...what do you want NOW?

Bilbo.usc

Jan 9, 2020
President Folt is a typical elitist educator...only cares about her agenda which I presume aligns with the BOT....
Where does a nationally competitive football program fit
It doesn’t
BTW .. as an alum I used to get e-mails with messages from the school president
Until I hit “unsubscribe “ button
Got notices about 50 year reunion..
with these clowns in charge could care less
Go Rams

EugeneTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
I'll reserve judgement until after this next hire. I don't know anyone on the "inside", but to me, the football program begins and ends with the AD. If she supports Bohn, :ROFLMAO:, then it is his responsibility to find the next winning coach. If he does that, something tells me all will be well with old Carol and she will be the biggest supporter of the football team and take a ridiculous amount of credit.

Reactions: nvargas

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
No. Folt was not a top candidate. USC was turned down by multiple candidates because of the scandals. It got down to her. Folt is a C player.
Thanks. Sad state, the blatant character flaws and intellectual vacancies of so many in academia, when they’re most busy judging against others and telling the world how to order itself according to their personal whims.

Last edited:

Latest posts