Chop Robinson is turning heads ...

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Guy is really putting pressure on the QB... He is going to be a monster by the time he is a senior. Kudos to him and his hard work and Franklin for convincing him to jump ship to PSU. National media is taking notice of him as well in some tweets today.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Robinson was a major pick up for PSU. The kid is DISRUPTIVE! He gives the OT a struggle on every play. He won’t be around until he is a senior. No way. Not with the way the NFL values edge rushers.

Reactions: CVLion and Bwifan

RockyMtnLion

Oct 6, 2021
Without any inside information, it seems like Locksley et Al wanted him to be a stand up edge defender and PSU offered a hand in the dirt approach.

CVLion

Oct 13, 2021
Love this guy. I’ve said to my family, there should be a special rule just for him that after a sack, he is allowed to karate chop the QB as a finishing move.

Reactions: LionJim

PrtLng Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Guy is really putting pressure on the QB... He is going to be a monster by the time he is a senior. Kudos to him and his hard work and Franklin for convincing him to jump ship to PSU. National media is taking notice of him as well in some tweets today.
I'm not on Twitter, but would love the accolades he's receiving outside the PSU community.

Chop has indeed been a huge addition to the D, hope he can get that kind of pressure on OSU and Mich because that'll be a game changer.

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
Without any inside information, it seems like Locksley et Al wanted him to be a stand up edge defender and PSU offered a hand in the dirt approach.
Add to that, the rumor is that he wanted to transfer to USC, but they said no thanks. He then attempted to return to MD. Locks had the team vote to accept him back and they voted no. Again, internet rumor, but the Terp fans on 247 believe it.

if that is true (I have a hard time believing it is). I am more interested in why they wouldn’t want him back.

Lionhoya

Oct 10, 2021
Add to that, the rumor is that he wanted to transfer to USC, but they said no thanks. He then attempted to return to MD. Locks had the team vote to accept him back and they voted no. Again, internet rumor, but the Terp fans on 247 believe it.

if that is true (I have a hard time believing it is). I am more interested in why they wouldn’t want him back.
No idea on the USC part, but I call complete BS on the MD part unless the kid was some kind of locker room cancer, which would contradict everything we know about him and his family.

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
No idea on the USC part, but I call complete BS on the MD part unless the kid was some kind of locker room cancer, which would contradict everything we know about him and his family.
There are references to post portal comments made by his teammates suggesting he was not a good fit. I did not see the teammate comments. Only the rumor posts. There is a thread on PSU 247 site linking the posts on the MD 247 site. I just don’t have the energy to dig through the MD site any deeper to go back to the time he entered the portal. Sort of funny though, they despise Chop but desperately want him back now.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Love this guy. I’ve said to my family, there should be a special rule just for him that after a sack, he is allowed to karate chop the QB as a finishing move.

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
Robinson has really hit the ground running. And it was great that DDS got a sack late in yesterday's game. Can't have enough pass rushers....

Reactions: Got GSPs

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
I know someone who coached CHop in high school and when I asked about the transfer a couple months ago he said that chop felt that the staff was not honest with him and their defensive coaches were not going to be able to get him to the NFL. Don’t know about the locker room stuff or the USC stuff but next time I see him I’ll see if he has any info.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Robinson has really hit the ground running. And it was great that DDS got a sack late in yesterday's game. Can't have enough pass rushers....
I was focusing on DDS a lot late in the game. I’m not sure if it was the right technique at the time, but one play he bull rushed the left tackle about ten yards into the backfield. After that, it looked like DDS was held just about every other pass play.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
I was focusing on DDS a lot late in the game. I’m not sure if it was the right technique at the time, but one play he bull rushed the left tackle about ten yards into the backfield. After that, it looked like DDS was held just about every other pass play.
And since they were Big Ten officials they didn’t call the hold. Guess they were just preparing for a conference games

JakkL

Oct 12, 2021
Chop did an interview where he talked about his gains in strength and speed at PSU. It made me wonder if MD S&C program isn't very good or if maybe the players just don't buy in to it.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
It made me wonder if MD S&C program isn't very good or if maybe the players just don't buy in to it.
I’ve always thought that S&C is the great equalizer. It’s not rocket science, as best practices are well-established, and the players know that if they don’t embrace it they’ll find themselves up against a stronger guy once too often. Maybe you’re right, but it just doesn’t make sense to me.

Reactions: PSU87 and Got GSPs

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Chop did an interview where he talked about his gains in strength and speed at PSU. It made me wonder if MD S&C program isn't very good or if maybe the players just don't buy in to it.
Plus they run ya to death.

Reactions: SurgeOne