Competitions over 4/14 thru 4/16

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
There were a number of competitions that took place this weekend. It appears that wrestlers are trying to get in some competition before the US Open.

I'll try to summarize the results in posts below.

Reactions: SRATH and Garw

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Next, the Ultimate Club Duals took place in State College. A bunch of elite wrestlers were on teams (clubs), and competed for team titles. I can find specific results for the team results, but have had a tougher time figuring out how the individual wrestlers did. Here's what I can find that should be of interest to PSU fans:

Dalton Perry: went 5-1, with a pin and 4 TFs (his loss was to Jax Forrest, 9-4)
Mason Gibson: went 6-1, with a pin and 3 TFs (his loss was to Jax Forrest, 12-1)

Of Interest:
Pierson Manville: went 7-0, with 7 TFs
Bo Bassett: I don't know his complete results, but he defeated Nate Desmond, 13-2
Asher Cunningham: I don't know his complete results, but he went 4-0, with 4 TFs in the first day of competition

Last edited:
Reactions: SRATH and Lions1

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Lastly, there was an AWA vs. Pinnacle competition. I think that was on Friday night. I saw the results somewhere over the weekend, and forget where that was. So all I can report of interest to PSU fans is that:

Cole Mirasola won by TF
Connor Mirasola lost

My apologies, as I did see the list of competitors somewhere, and the final results, but I can't remember where

Update: I kept digging, and finally found the info:

#5 Cole Mirasola TFed Cy Kruse, 10-0
#2 Ryder Rogotzke pinned #5 Connor Mirasola

AWA = Askren Wrestling Academy
Pinnacle Wrestling = well, I'm not exactly sure, but their wrestlers were from Minnesota

The Connor Mirasola - Ryder Rogotzke match was the main event of the competition. They had met twice before, with Rogotzke winning both of the prior matches.

Last edited:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Next, the Ultimate Club Duals took place in State College. A bunch of elite wrestlers were on teams (clubs), and competed for team titles. I can find specific results for the team results, but have had a tougher time figuring out how the individual wrestlers did. Here's what I can find that's what is of interest to PSU fans:

Dalton Perry: went 5-1, with a pin and 4 TFs (his loss was to Jax Forrest, 9-4)
Mason Gibson: went 6-1, with a pin and 3 TFs (his loss was to Jax Forrest, 12-1)

Of Interest:
Pierson Manville: went 7-0, with 7 TFs
Bo Bassett: I don't know his complete results, but he defeated Nate Desmond, 13-2
Asher Cunningham: I don't know his complete results, but he went 4-0, with 4 TFs in the first day of competition
So, you’re saying we should be all in on Jax Forrest?

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
So, you’re saying we should be all in on Jax Forrest?
Yes to say the least. Pa kid. Geez Bo B is on another level. He’s what you call a MUST get $$$$$$. Thanks for the update’s Tom.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
He’s one of the McCourt kids. The battles in the room must be great. I have a feeling Cael already knows Jax very well.

Reactions: gslachta

lobolion

Oct 23, 2021
Yes to say the least. Pa kid. Geez Bo B is on another level. He’s what you call a MUST get $$$$$$. Thanks for the update’s Tom.
Actually, it looks like Forrest is a NC kid who came up to Bishop McCort for his high school wrestling. His will be a career worth following.

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
He’s one of the McCourt kids. The battles in the room must be great. I have a feeling Cael already knows Jax very well.
Yes. He’s a McCourt kid who’s Elite. Knows the Gibsons and Bo Bassett very well. Forrest and Bo Bassett are MUST gets $$$$