COVID cases linked to 4 HS tournaments in WA

donaldfair71

Nov 8, 2021
If we keep testing for Covid every time a kid or adult gets sick, even with mild to no symptoms, we will be sitting here in 2050 canceling events and contact tracing/quarantining.

With vaccines abundantly available, we can choose to move on or choose to let it control us.

Reactions: Psu_GC

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
If we keep testing for Covid every time a kid or adult gets sick, even with mild to no symptoms, we will be sitting here in 2050 canceling events and contact tracing/quarantining.

With vaccines abundantly available, we can choose to move on or choose to let it control us.
First time in two years I heard that POV. Thanks.

Dogwelder

Oct 8, 2021
First time in two years I heard that POV. Thanks.
Good one! :) Good point!

Let’s all please refrain from expressing our opinions on optimal government and societal responses to COVID on this forum. As Mike pointed out, everyone has heard every opinion already. If you say your opinion, then someone else will have to say theirs. Nobody wants to read that again, here. Let’s please keep this forum an oasis from government and politics.

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Let’s please keep this forum an oasis from government and politics.

I hope others follow your suggestion. I will do my best to keep politics off the board, but I can only react after the fact. It's much nicer if I never have occasion to have to deal with it.

In that vein, I did hesitate before even posting the article about the surge traced to HS tournaments. But it seemed applicable to the sport we love, and did not contain any politics in the article, so I elected to post it.

I will add that I recently reffed my first wrestling event since March of 2020, and I thought long and hard about whether to return to reffing this season. I enjoyed the experience, but was disappointed that hardly anyone at the event was wearing a mask. I believe 1 wrestler wore a mask (it was a youth tournament), and perhaps a handful of adults did as well, but that was it. I'm still mulling over whether I should continue to ref wrestling this season; it's not an easy decision.

Latest posts