CWD in humans?

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Maybe this has been discussed already, but Univ Texas health science centers just announced they’re studying cases of 2 men who developed rapid onset CJD (sister disease to CWD and mad cow). It’s Very rare (my father in law died of it Alabama and UAB never identified how he contracted it - he did eat venison and his brain was donated to research). Both men in Texas had eaten deer in an area known to have CWD. They’re concerned it’s “made the jump” to humans just as mad cow did when CJD was labeled in humans. My father in law’s was rapid. He was 63 and got lost on his way to work to a job he worked at for 30 years. He was dead 6 weeks later. He was in and out of memory lapse but he was diagnosed while he was in a coherent state so he knew what he had and he had about a week to get his affairs in order. Scary.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If mad cow made the jump, you would expect that this would be able to. From what I've read they are very similar. That being said, CJD has been around for a long time. It's just incredibly rare.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Had a aunt that died with it many years ago. It was credited to cow meat she ate as a child.(probably).
She was in her late 60's.
We pay attention to this situation.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
It's scary. I remember during the mad cow breakout in Europe a researcher said that nearly every cow probably had CWD, but most were slaughtered before any symptoms showed up. No telling what it's like in U.S.. I know that a woman in North Mississippi died a couple of years ago with CWD symptoms and her body was held in Jackson to study what she died of. I heard that the husband was a big hunter and they ate squirrel brains. Stay away from spinal and brain tissue at all costs. Sometimes I wonder how we are all still living.

Reactions: eckie1

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Maybe this has been discussed already, but Univ Texas health science centers just announced they’re studying cases of 2 men who developed rapid onset CJD (sister disease to CWD and mad cow). It’s Very rare (my father in law died of it Alabama and UAB never identified how he contracted it - he did eat venison and his brain was donated to research). Both men in Texas had eaten deer in an area known to have CWD. They’re concerned it’s “made the jump” to humans just as mad cow did when CJD was labeled in humans. My father in law’s was rapid. He was 63 and got lost on his way to work to a job he worked at for 30 years. He was dead 6 weeks later. He was in and out of memory lapse but he was diagnosed while he was in a coherent state so he knew what he had and he had about a week to get his affairs in order. Scary.
I know enough about to be dangerous. I got a degree in biological science from MSU 15 years ago. And a graduate degree from UMMC 11 years ago. It can definitely make the jump from cows/deer to humans, with what I know about the blood-brain barrier. Yours is the first ever first hand experience I’ve read, so that’s interesting. And I’m not, by any means calling you a liar. I don’t want it to come across that way. I just wouldn’t have thought it would happen that quickly. That’s pretty scary.

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I know enough about to be dangerous. I got a degree in biological science from MSU 15 years ago. And a graduate degree from UMMC 11 years ago. It can definitely make the jump from cows/deer to humans, with what I know about the blood-brain barrier. Yours is the first ever first hand experience I’ve read, so that’s interesting. And I’m not, by any means calling you a liar. I don’t want it to come across that way. I just wouldn’t have thought it would happen that quickly. That’s pretty scary.

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
No worries. And for clarification, I didn’t say my father in law’s CJD was from CWD. We never heard back on the post death studies they did. I’m just saying he did eat venison. I haven’t thought twice about it until this recent article showed up from UT Health Sciences center. The two men who died in the same year, were both from the same area of Texas and both were hunters, and both areas have reports of CWD. For something as rare as say, CJD, that’s mighty damn coincidental. And they weren’t diagnosed with CJD. They were diagnosed as both having identical neurological disorders which closely resemble CWD and CJD in every way. And both involved rapid deterioration just prior to death.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
CJD already has been linked to the covid shots. Look it up.
CJD foundation says not really.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
CJD foundation says not really.

Come on man. Don’t you know everything bad is because of the vaccine? **

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
5.55 Billion people vaccinated. 72% of the entire planet.

Thankfully we have anonymous Internet dudes that are still on the case to solve the "riddle"

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
5.55 Billion people vaccinated. 72% of the entire planet.

Thankfully we have anonymous Internet dudes that are still on the case to solve the "riddle"
Did you figure out how to download the ESPN app? How about hAiLsTaTe.com?

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Dr Luc Montagnier, the same virologist that discovered HIV, was part of the first study that linked the covid vax to CJD. This was his final work. He died while doing the final draft. Again, look it up.
I’ll chip in here. I have have a degree in microbiology and have worked in lab based research in the past. I won’t go in great details about the shot being related CJD, but I will tell you that there is evidence that the shot CAN cause proteins to have abnormal structuring which can develop into prions, which are the root cause of CWD. Trust me, you aren’t crazy and anyone who dismisses you should look deeper.

Reactions: bulldoghair

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Dr Luc Montagnier, the same virologist that discovered HIV, was part of the first study that linked the covid vax to CJD. This was his final work. He died while doing the final draft. Again, look it up.
Ok.... so we are all going to die then. Wait a minute, we actually ARE all going to die. What a revelation...everyone that took the COVID vax is absolutely going to DIE. That absolutely means it's the fault of that vaccine for sure. After all everyone that took it WILL die. My GOD, its an amazing undiscovered conspiracy.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Microbiology degree? Well done, that was the toughest course taught by a competent teacher I ever took, both at undergraduate and graduate level. I ain't yanking your chain. That really is impressive. That being said, how long ago? Did they actually spend much time on prion diseases? We never got anything much in any micro course on prion diseases. THOSE got mentioned in Human Pathology, at a graduate level. Admittedly that was very brief, as they are extremely rare, even today. Little was, and IS, known about them. Now MRNA and Prions are not remotely the same, and NEITHER have anything to do with micro, course you SHOULD know that, with your degree in micro and all.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I don't eat deer.
In a non-CWD area, that's a matter of taste and luck.m Unless I could lasso my old early 80's neighbor from Starkville, I can't make a blank statement like that prior to 1980. I'm not much of a hunter since my old Duck Days!

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Microbiology degree? Well done, that was the toughest course taught by a competent teacher I ever took, both at undergraduate and graduate level. I ain't yanking your chain. That really is impressive. That being said, how long ago? Did they actually spend much time on prion diseases? We never got anything much in any micro course on prion diseases. THOSE got mentioned in Human Pathology, at a graduate level. Admittedly that was very brief, as they are extremely rare, even today. Little was, and IS, known about them. Now MRNA and Prions are not remotely the same, and NEITHER have anything to do with micro, course you SHOULD know that, with your degree in micro and all.
Graduated in 2001. Briefly discussed prions in some class I remember. Maybe pathogenic micro or virology class. I have also completed most of a master’s degree in toxicology and switched to business and got an MBA. I’ve done my own reading on prions. I’m not an expert, but I know plenty experts.

Reactions: 85Bears

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I don't eat deer.
Why not? Just don’t like it or what? I am just curious and not trying to be offensive. If you enjoy red meat wild is way healthier for you than beef or pork, this current discussion not withstanding. I had to get a heart stent about 6 years ago and from that point forward just about all of the red meat we eat is either deer or elk. Fat content is comparable to chicken. Some people don’t care for the taste of deer but there are many ways to prepare it that are excellent. Unless you get to hunt out west, you might have limited opportunities to try elk but it is one of the healthiest and best tasting meats on the planet. Low fat content and taste very much like beef. They live up high in wilderness areas away from people and agriculture. Totally natural and heart healthy. After I got that heart stent and had a pretty close call there we follow this rule for meats. If it swims, if it flies, or if it’s wild, it’s ok. Everything else, not so much. We use an air fryer some but traditional frying is over in this house. I allow myself to have something that I don’t consider healthy once a month otherwise we stick to the plan. Overall, we are probably healthier than we were 30 years ago and weigh less too.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013

Ok.... so we are all going to die then. Wait a minute, we actually ARE all going to die. What a revelation...everyone that took the COVID vax is absolutely going to DIE. That absolutely means it's the fault of that vaccine for sure. After all everyone that took it WILL die. My GOD, it’s an amazing undiscovered conspiracy.
You sound really dumb. May the odds ever be in your favor. You’ll probably be alright.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
A lot of people don't realize how evil the Covid vaccine was. It's retroactive and caused mad cow disease years ago. It wiped out American Indians too. I got jock itch from it.

• Haha
Reactions: OG Goat Holder

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I looked up rudimentary epidemiology. And realized that internet conspiracies don't really add to the worldwide real data and trends.

But they do feed into fears and distrust of the medical communities around the world.

I guess we will see in 5 years and I'm sure those so vocally sure of "something up" with vaccinations will be back here to report nothing happened - other than to report for some strange mysterious reason there are more avoidable measles cases throughout America from the families of the "self enlightened internet social media informed medical religious freedom liberty fighters"

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Why not? Just don’t like it or what? I am just curious and not trying to be offensive. If you enjoy red meat wild is way healthier for you than beef or pork, this current discussion not withstanding. I had to get a heart stent about 6 years ago and from that point forward just about all of the red meat we eat is either deer or elk. Fat content is comparable to chicken. Some people don’t care for the taste of deer but there are many ways to prepare it that are excellent. Unless you get to hunt out west, you might have limited opportunities to try elk but it is one of the healthiest and best tasting meats on the planet. Low fat content and taste very much like beef. They live up high in wilderness areas away from people and agriculture. Totally natural and heart healthy. After I got that heart stent and had a pretty close call there we follow this rule for meats. If it swims, if it flies, or if it’s wild, it’s ok. Everything else, not so much. We use an air fryer some but traditional frying is over in this house. I allow myself to have something that I don’t consider healthy once a month otherwise we stick to the plan. Overall, we are probably healthier than we were 30 years ago and weigh less too.
Don't like it. If I am at someone's house and that's what they serve I will eat it. If I have a choice I will not.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t disagree but the golden era bodybuilders ate beef patties, eggs, cheese and bacon like it was going out of style. Most of them are still alive with no heart problems.

I’m inclined to believe the bigger issue is sugar and other fast carbs.